Chapter 1: Shopping

"So do you like any boys at school?" my friend Alex asked me

We had been talking about boys for an hour now, and I was running out of excuses to why I didn't like any boys at school. They were all shallow and they only wanted sex. If I was going to have a real relationship then I wanted it to be because you wanted to be with them and not in their pants. But of course if I told Alex this, she would freak out and go on and on about how I'm wrong and then she would set me up on a blind date with a man/boy with wandering hands... Again.

"I just don't have any feelings for any of the guys at school. I think I'll just wait until college." I said trying to get her off my back

"That's way too long, Jess!! Plus I think Kyle and you would be cute." Alex said

I've known Kyle for 4 years and he is nothing more than a best friend.

"But I'm not going to date a guy that I have no feelings for." I protested

"Well, If you don't get close to people, you won't know if you like them or not." Alex fired back

"If I like someone you will be the first to know." I said trying to close the topic of my non-existent love life.

"Okay!" Alex agreed happily

"Okay, lets go dress shopping " I said

Last night, my dad told me that I had to go get a fancy dress for his party. He says that its for his job. I don't understand how being a surgeon has anything to do with a party. Whatever. Sometimes I think my dad is hiding something big but I just don't know what. I wish I wasn't so paranoid.

"Ooh! Look at this one!" Alex said happily

"It's pretty but I don't like it enough. I want the perfect dress." I said

I watched Alex walk away muttering something about being picky. Oh well. I want the most amazing dress ever.

I walked around the store until I found a cute dress but I need to know if the party was casual or fancy. I pulled out my phone to text my dad's party planner

To: Chaz

Fancy or casual?

A few minutes later I received a text.

To: Jessica

Haha. Dress shopping? Go with fancy. Good luck.

I smiled and walked away from the dress that was too casual. Sexy or sweet? I asked myself....Some where in between.

I walked over to the part of the store where they had the ballroom gowns. They were all so pretty. I picked up a red one and took it the changing room. I put it on and looked at myself in the mirror. It looked good but not good enough. I went back to the spot I was just in and I saw the most beautiful dress. I didn't even try it one because I knew it was the one. I grabbed some cute nude pumps and and dragged Alex away from the only male there, paid and then left. I am so excited to wear this dress.

When I got home I saw that my dad's workers had already set up the back yard with canopy's, fairy lights, nice outdoors couches and tables everywhere filled with food. It all looked amazing. I couldn't wait to put on my new dress. For once I was actually excited for one of my dad's parties. Usually they were all boring with men from work and I wasn't allowed to be there. I walked into the house to start getting ready, I didn't want to watch the men work because the kept dropping things and I did not wanna be around when they dropped something expensive and have to watch my dad freak out.