Chapter 19: The past always repeats its self

After finally being able to get down the list and sneaking a few things on there for myself we headed out. It felt so good to be out and away from the house, I needed some new scenery. Plus I was getting bored there. I noticed when we drove out of the garage that the guys don't live in a bad neighbor hood at all, it was full of rich snobs and big houses and pools. I didn't know selling drugs could make you so rich. I couldn't help but noticed that when people saw Harry and I get into the car they gave us dirty looks. I didn't really understand it until I really thought about it. People looked down on Harry because they didn't see anything more than his rough edges. They saw that bad boy, but then again that's all Harry wanted people to see. Sometimes I think Harry makes himself look like trouble to ward people off. He doesn't like to let people in, he is scared of getting hurt. And I am the one who is going to hurt him the most when I make him fall in love with me and then break away from him and this house. I looked around the neighborhood a little more to try and lock the sight in my brain so when the day came for me to runaway I might have a small idea of what things looked like.

"Bringing to the scenery to help make you escape plan?" Harry joked but behind his joking tone there was nervousness brewing.

"Nope. If some one let me out more I might not be like this, but I have been trapped inside the same house for a month or so I need a new change." I replied with a smile, but still nervous. It was like he could read my mind.

"Well, I don't want you to make a run for it." Harry replied

"Who says I won't today?" I tested him with my eyebrow raised

"Oh, I'll be holding on to you." Harry said while reaching for my hand.

"Trust you to do that." I said with a smirk

"So am I a good kisser?" Harry asked with a cheeky grin.

"Harry!" I whined and batted his chest with my free hand

"Ow! Violence is not the answer." Harry said feigning hurt.

"Oh that's rich coming from you" I snorted back at him

'What? I'm a good guy underneath." Harry said

"Actually you are. When you swallow your pride you are a really good guy." I responded

Harry mumbled something that I couldn't hear.

"Are you swallowing or choking on your pride?" I said referring to his mumbling

"I said you make me a good person." Harry said clearly but still quiet

"You are one by yourself." I pointed out

"Debatable." Harry said

"When you first took me, you didn't once hurt me in any way. You refused to hurt a woman, you and all the other guys too. Now if any other person took me they would probably knocked me out so it would be easier to take me and then they would probably rape me while I was knocked out cold." I pointed out and I noticed when I mentioned me being raped his hands tightened around the wheel.

"I would never let anyone hurt you Jess. Never." Harry said passionately yet harshly

"I know Harry." I said and I squeezed his hand I was still holding.

"Oh! We need to stop at the bank." I said

"Why?" Harry asked confusion swept over his face

"I need to get some money out." I replied

"No you don't."

"Yeah, I do."

"For what?"

"I have some things on the list that I need for just myself and I'm not going to make you pay for everything." I said