Percy, Thalia and Nico

After the Battle of the Labyrinth

Percy, Thalia, and Nico circled each other on the beach. All three had their weapons. And of course, they were arguing.

"That doesn't mean you can just do whatever you want!" Thalia spluttered.

"Says who?" Nico challenged.

"Me!" Thalia exploded.

Percy paused, causing the others to stop circling. "Wait, Thals, are you still pissed about the Capture-the-flag game last winter?"

"You're not part if this," Nico rolled his eyes.

"Says who?"

"ME!" The other two yelled. Then they glared daggers at each other. That was when the bickering started.

Thalia sent a lightning bolt to Nico, but Nico's sword simply absorbed the energy. Nico charged Thalia. Or tried to. Both demigods bounced of a wall made of sea water. Percy stepped forward and started talking, but Nico clapped his hands and a force of dark energy destroyed the wall.

Before long, all three were at each other's necks. A mini storm had formed over the battle. The ocean had gone out of control, and the waves were crashing over them.

"Enough!" Chiron shouted. The three froze and looked at him. "I don't know what or why you're fighting, but you're on KP after dinner. No objections!"

The three demigods were in the kitchens. It was a hot, sticky mess, cleaning the dishes, and the three couldn't wait to take a shower.

"This is all your fault," Thalia grumbled to Percy.

Percy paused and stared at her. "Why is it my fault?"

"Well, if you hadn't intervened-"

"IF I HADNT INTERVENED? WELL. LET ME TELL YOU-"

Thalia flicked a piece of lava at Percy to get him to shut up. It hit him between the eyes, and he looked furious.

Percy picked up a handful of lava and launched it at Thalia. Thalia's blue eyes widened, and she ducked. The lava sailed harmlessly over her head and hit Nico on the shoulder.

Percy cringed.

Nico slowly turned around, eyes narrowed to slits. "What the hell, Percy?" He picked up a serving tray to use as a shield. "You. Are. So. Dead."

Thalia jumped up and grabbed a lava hose. "It's on."

It was a full-out war. Thalia looked like a madwoman, spraying everything in sight with lava. Percy was launching handful after handful of lava in the air. Nico was relatively unscathed, using his serving tray and lightning fast reflexes. But relative, is, well a relative term.

At one point, Percy screamed, "My arm's on fire!"

Indeed it was. Little flames had burned through his t-shirt, and the horrible smell of burning flesh filled the air.

The other two stopped. "Here, let me help you," Thalia said sarcastically. She started fanning the fire.

"You're making it worse!" Percy yelled.

"No, duh, Sherlock!"

Within fifteen seconds, Nico was on Percy's back, whacking Percy's head with his "shield".

"Get off him!" Thalia screeched. "He's mine!"

Nico stopped hitting Percy. "Why is he yours?"

"BECAUSE!"

"No! I want to kill him!"

There was a loud BOOM, and the lava hose exploded. All three froze. Nico slowly got off Percy's back.

Immediately, Chiron appeared in the doorway. "What's going on? I heard-" He stopped when he noticed there was more lava on the floor than in the sinks. And Percy, Thalia, and Nico looking very guilty. Their clothes were destroyed. Chiron heaved a deep sigh. "Alright. Who started it? And why does it smell like burning flesh?"

"Percy," Thalia said, while Percy said, "Thalia."

"She flicked lava at me!"

"Because he was being annoying!"

"She provoked me!"

"STOP!" Chiron shouted. He looked behind him. "Connor, Travis, did you videotape their fight?" There were sounds of assent. "Okay. You three. Come to the Big House. We'll patch you up then watch the Stoll's video. We'll work from there." He left.

The three demigods looked at each other. "After this, you, you, and me. Burgers?" Thalia questioned.

Nico nodded while Percy said, "Totally."