Nico And Thanatos

The day had started normally enough. Camp Jupiter had done their normal routine, dined, and retreated to their bunkers.

Well, most people.

Nico di Angelo, known as Pluto's Ambassador, was lurking around Pluto's temple. He was watching the temple of Jupiter as Octavian stabbed defenseless teddies in their stomachs. Octavian had said he'd felt a "premonition" at dinner.

Jason Grace was striding purposefully down Via Pricipalis. Hazel was trying to get Dakota to let go of his drink. Bobby was doing... well, nobody knows what exactly what he was doing, but everybody was sure he'd be sewn into a sack full of angry weasels the next day.

For one minute, everything was fine. The next... BOOM. Pitch blackness.

(Tonight's darkness is brought to you by Nox and Neptune. They send their compliments and would like to tell you to enjoy the show!)

Before, thunderclouds had skirted over the sky, occasionally blocking out the light of the full moon. Now, it was like one massive cloud had blocked out all the light from the sky. But that wasn't all. There were no lights in any building. All the electricity was blown.

And so, predictably, everyone went into a frenzy.

Nico had sprung up from his seat on the ground outside his father's temple. He fumbled for the door, and stumbled inside. Of course, there was no light inside, either. He cursed loudly as he hit his shin against the base of the altar. He backed up, and smacked his head on a low beam. Biting back another curse, he ducked his head and stepped to the side.

Only to walk into something solid.

Nico bounced back. He squinted his eyes: he was pretty sure the Pluto temple didn't have any pillars in it last he checked, but what had he just walked into? His attempts were fruitless: it was like trying to see through the walls of his cabin back at Camp Half-Blood.

"I always wanted to know what being blind was like," a deep, calming voice commented mildly. "I've decided I don't like it."

"Who the Ha-Pluto are you?" Nico hissed, "And what are you doing in my father's temple?"

"I think the more appropriate question is, what are you doing in your father's temple? Do you know how risky that is right now?"

"What?"

The voice sighed. "This is impossible. We need some light."

"Well, sorry, but I don't think I've got any light to spare right now," Nico replied sarcastically.

"But I do." All of a sudden, a ball of bright white light appeared in front of Nico, illuminating both him and the pillar/person/thing Nico had been talking to. The figure was tall and ripped, skin an odd color from the light. He had a kind face, with dark eyes and long hair. He was wearing black robes.

"Who... are you?" Nico asked, bewildered.

The man bowed slightly. "Your father's employee, of course. I long wanted to meet you, son of Hades. We've come close so many times, but alas, somehow you always slipped away. But no matter, these circumstances are much better. At least, for now."

Nico quickly ran through his father's servants. No... It couldn't be...

"Thanatos?"

Thanatos smiled. "So you do recognize me. That's nice. Now. Stop talking. I'm supposed to keep you safe."

"Huh?"

Death rolled his eyes. "You didn't think this whole pitch-blackness thing was random, did you?"