The Calm And The Coming Storm

(Image of Jonathan)

Jonathan's pov

Why am I treated so differently? I know I'm an Omega, I've always known that, so why am I not allowed to cook and clean like the others? Why am I only given the lightest of chores when I'm allowed to work at all? I've asked the Alpha, but he refuses to explain, just telling me that I'll understand when I'm older. It's my birthday, maybe I can convince him to tell me today. I make my way downstairs and to the Alpha's door, freezing when I hear the Alpha yelling at someone.

"He's not property to give away!"

"If you don't want a war, you'll let me leave with him today.

"We haven't raised and protected him just to hand him over to you, choose someone else!"

"So, you're saying that my son . . . my pack isn't good enough for your precious Omega?"

"I'm saying that he deserves to find his own mate . . . you only want him for your son because he's the only Omega that we've found so far that can have pups and that's not a good enough reason for me to give him to you."

"Oh, and your reasons for keeping him here are so pure? I know you want him for the same reason that I do, you're just hoping that your son is his mate, aren't you?"

"It doesn't matter to me who his mate is, he's only sixteen and he's been through more than most of the wolves in both our packs combined. I will not surrender him to someone that doesn't care about him."

I jumped when the doorknob turned, but before I could move the Alpha and the strange wolf came out.

"What are you doing here, Jonathan?"

"A-Am I the . . . the one you're talking about?"

"Jonathan, I can explain."

"You brought me here because . . . because I can have pups?"

"I brought you here to protect you. Your parents gave you to me because you were in danger."

"Because I can have pups?"

"Yes. They brought you to me because your dad and I are best friends. Unfortunately they didn't get you to me completely untouched, you were taken by rogues and held for a month and before we could track you down, they had already beaten and tortured you nearly beyond repair and you very nearly lost your virginity to the highest bidder before we managed to  get you out."

"W-Why can't I r-remember____?"

"We went to a healer and altered  your memories to prevent you from shutting down completely."

"Y-You erased my memories?!"

"She didn't erase your memories Jonathan . . . remember all of those nightmares you had when you were younger?"

"Y-Yeah."

"That was the only way we could think to help you cope with everything. I wanted to tell you the truth so badly, but it would have only done more harm than good."

"Are my . . . Are my parents still alive?"

"Yes, but you can't look for them . . . they've gone into hiding so you'll be safe."

I felt tears slip down my face. My parents who I thought didn't want me, had given me up for my safety, they loved me so much that they risked their own safety for me. I smiled up at the Alpha who had taken care of me all this time, who was the closest thing I had to a parent.

"Thank you."

The man cleared his throat, catching our attention and we both turned to face him.