Struggling

Jonathon's POV

(Warning: Mentions of rape and violence)

The pain is slowly starting to fade. I still can't get out of bed, but I can move my fingers a little and my ribs have healed to the point where I can sit up without help. Alexi tells me I'll be fully recovered before the week is over and though I'm happy that I won't be in any more pain, I can't help but be concerned about the future. The thing I'm most worried about are my pups . . . there are days when I feel like I will be the most perfect parent in the world, but then the doubts come back, along with the nightmares . . . I can see Niccolo looming over me, his cold, lust filled eyes glaring down at me as his icy hands and sharp claws rake over my vulnerable flesh. In the dreams, I can't even beg him to stop or let me go. . . I just lay there and take the pain as he slams himself inside of me groaning with pleasure at the pain he was causing me. Then things shift, he releases his claws and I scream as he plunges them into my stomach, ripping down until he reaches my womb where our pups are still developing.

"Who told you that you could bear my pups, you pathetic little slut?"

I try to respond, but my the pain steals my voice. He presses deeper and I feel the blood pouring from my weakening body and spilling to the ground.

"I don't want a mate, what didn't you understand about that? Did you actually believe that I would be happy when I realized that you were my mate? Did you think I would want a slut like you, that I'd let you keep your mongrels so you could use them against me?!"

I closed my eyes, as tears fell from my tightly shut lids . . . was I really such a slut? Did I deserve this? Even if I did, my pups hadn't done anything to deserve such pain. This gave my body the strength to move and I shoved Nicolo off of me before his claws could touch our pups. Before he could recover, I rose to my feet and started to run as quickly as I could in spite of the agony and blood loss I was suffering. I didn't get far, when he slammed into my back, just as the river came into view and I flew through the air landing into the rapidly moving water. Breaking the surface, I gasped for breath, but Nicolo was suddenly there, pushing my head below the surface and even as I struggled, I couldn't break free from his strong grip.

"You should have died that day. Why are you still alive?"

He seems to be waiting for an answer, but my lungs are filled with water and I can't make a sound. This seems to make him angry and one of his hands release my shoulder to wrap around my neck.

"You think you're too good to talk to me?! You think you can just ignore me and I'll let you get away with it?!"

I felt a sudden jerk and heard a snap, before he released me and as my body started to sink below the surface, my cloudy brain vaguely realized that he had broken my neck and I wouldn't be able to raise my now paralyzed body above the surface. As I slowly sank below the water, I could hear his cruel laughter ringing in my ear.

I shot up in my bed, my body soaked with sweat and trembling as I tried to get my breathing back under control.

"Please . . . please make it stop. Please I can't . . . I don't want this!"

The sound of footsteps approaching made me shake even harder and my eyes started to burn as the tears poured from them to slide down my cheeks.

Jonathan! Calm down! "

"A-Alexi?"

A gentle hand brushed the tears away as Alexi brought his face into view.

"I know it's going to be hard, but I need you to relax. Can you do that for me?"