Facing His Actions pt. 1

Nicolo's pov

How long have I been down here? How long had I been pleading for help and when did Johnny-boy's voice begin to overlap with mine? I wanted to tell him to stop torturing me, to shut up, but I realized that he was gone and his voice was only in my head.

Hearing footsteps, I weakly lifted my head to see my sire coming down the basement stairs.

"I think you've had enough, I'm taking you to the healer and after you've been allowed to recover, you will face the pack and explain what you did to Jonathan and why you did it."

"I . . . I can't, everyone will hate me.,

"Then you'll have to accept it, just like I have to accept that my son is murderer."

Leaning down he helped me to my feet and without another word helped me out of the basement. Several pack members stared at us in confusion, but noone said anything and I figured that my dad had already given orders for them not to ask questions. When we reached the front door of the pack house, William pulled up in one of the pack's cars and my dad loaded me in the backseat before climbing in the front with William, completely ignoring me.

"Drop us off in the center of the woods,  William and then go to the store and collect some red meat for my son's recovery and bring it to the packhouse. I'll contact you when we're ready for you to come back."

William nodded and drove us to our destination, his loyalty to my dad unquestioned and as soon as we reached the center of the woods, he helped my dad lift me out and as soon as I was standing on my feet, he drove off without looking back.

"The person who is going to heal you is an old friend of mine. You will not be rude to or question him. You will do whatever he says. Do you understand?"

"Y-Yes."

Nodding, he wrapped one of my arms around his neck and placed one of his on my back, ignoring the whimper of pain that escaped my lips.

"Daddy . . . I-I'm sorry."

"I don't think you are."

"Daddy?"

"And even if I actually believed that you were truly sorry, well I'm not the one you tortured and killed am I Nicolo?"

His words cut deep and I knew that he had completely lost faith in me. He led me down an unfamiliar path as the silence  built between us and a strange man suddenly stepped forward.

"Did you take care of everything Alexi?"

The man glanced at me before instantly dismissing me, his attention focused on my dad.

"I told you not to hurt him too badly. And you promised to bring him to me right away."

"I want him to understand, Alexi. He needs to know that the pain he caused doesn't end just because he stopped causing it. My grandpups___________."

My dad's voice broke and I could tell he was chocking back tears. I had never heard him cry, even when we lost several of our members in a surprise attack by rogues a few years ago and I could no longer hold back my guilt.

"Daddy I'm__________."

The strange man cut me off mockingly.

"Sorry? Is that what you were going to say? And what exactly are you sorry for? That your sire lost his only chance to have grandchildren or that you got caught and had to face your actions? Because I can tell you're not sorry that you raped and beat that poor boy before you let him drown."

In spite of my dad's words, I couldn't keep quiet.

"This has nothing to do with you, it's none of your business."

"Oh really? Who do you think it was that found that poor boy? Who do you think it was that tried to save his life as he took his last breath? If you would have accepted what the Moon Goddess so generously gave you instead of abusing it and throwing it away, it would have never been my business."

I wanted to argue, I really did, but what could I say? I really had wanted Johny-boy dead and if given the chance I would do the same thing . . . no I would have have held myself back from cumming as soon as I did, just so I could feel his perfect tight heat wrapped around me even longer and I would have carved his beautiful body up until anyone that saw him was disgusted. My thoughts must have registered on my face because I suddenly heard twin growls and looked up to see my dad and the stranger glaring at me.

"You're still not satisfied? You attack and murder a member of your own pack and you're still not satisfied. I can't believe that someone as sick as you came from my seed."

"Dad, I___________."

"No, don't call me that. You are your mother's son . . . I should have seen it sooner."

The blood drained from my face at his words and at the forceful and deliberate break of our bond. I tried to speak to his wolf in my head, but was met with complete and total silence. My dad, the only one who had always been there for me had completely shut me out and I could feel tears burning my eyes.

"Bring him to my cabin, Michael. I need to heal him."

I glared weakly at the stranger, who only stared back at me with eyes void of all emotion.

"Why? You don't care if I live or die, so why take care of me?"

"You're right,  you are just like a woman I despise with all my heart, you hurt and destroy those around you in a self deluded belief that you should always get what you want and the very thought that that poor child was left alone with you disgusts me . . . no one should ever be left alone with you."

"Then why?"

"Because your sire is my best friend and he doesn't want to lose his only child and because I want you to face the pack that has placed their future in your hands and explain to them how you killed one of their own."

The man turned away from me, leading the way through the woods onto a hidden path that I had never noticed before and my dad helped keep me steady as we followed behind the man, but I could tell that he was only doing it out of obligation and pulled myself away.

"I can walk on my own, you don't have to force yourself to help me."

A small part of me still hoped that he would ignore my comment, but he let me go like touching me burned him and I stumbled as I struggled to stay on my feet.

"I'm glad you're able to walk on your own so . . . Nicolo, because once the pack learns what you did to their future Luna, that's what you're going to have to do."

Without another word or looking back, he walked away, leaving me with my pain and his words to keep me company. After what seemed like hours, but was only a few minutes we arrived at the cabin and I forced myself up the stairs collapsing onto the floor, no longer able to hold myself up. My wolf suddenly whimpered and that's when it hit me, Johnny-boy's scent was surrounding me. Why would . . . that's right this doctor tried to  save him.

'My mate . . .  I want my mate.'

'Our mate is gone, Kemone, he's dead.'

'No! I need him . . . I need my pups!'

'I'm sorry.'

'Give them back!'

Refusing to accept my explanation or any comfort I wanted to offer Kemone forcefully cut off our link and I let out a quiet whimper as it finally started to dawn on me just how much I was going to lose because of my selfish actions. My dad, my bond with my wolf, my pack . . . what more would I lose before karma felt like I paid the price for acting on the hatred in my heart?