Boys Aren't What They Seem

Copyright © 2016, Linda Gonzalez - All Rights Reserved

Do not distribute nor copy without author's (my) permission. Thank you for respecting this.

Boys Aren't What They Seem

She stares down blankly as the seen suddenly appears under what she had just written and had put much thought into. She holds her breath, until her lungs are thrashing at her ribcage. It's been five minutes, and still nothing. Five more minutes pass and instead of her lungs trying to breath, it's her heart.

She feels him yank her heart right out of her chest as he forces her to watch him slowly crush it in his fingers. A small portion of her heart falls to the floor. All she can focus on, are the small dusts falling alongside her heart pieces. She watches helplessly as he picks the pieces up and stares at them in his hand. For one tiny, little fraction of a second, she had hope. She had hope he would tape or glue every last piece of her heart and fix it until it feels secure and loved. The ends of her lips twitch slightly. He gives her one last look, straight in the eyes and he smiles. She feels her stomach erupt with butterflies.

Is this where he will finally love me?

The fraction of a second seems to turn into minutes and into hours. At last, as she was about to dash up to him, he looks back down to her broken heart and crushes them into even more little pieces. He snorts as he sees his next victim, who almost looks as despairing and insecure as her. Her lips part slightly as she watches her undersized, unappreciated pieces of heart fall calmly to the floor. By then, he had already made his next move on the other object. She felt the need to alert the other girl, but she halted. Her bottom lip trembled. She clamps her teeth over them to stop them from quivering. Her lips throb as they silently screech for her to stop for she is seconds from bleeding. She blinks several times to stop the tears from cascading down her cheeks, but it's no use.

Finally, she straightens and tries to walk away, but doesn't bother to wipe the tears away. "I'll let her suffer, just like I suffered!" She wails desperately as she breaks into tears. She leaves her heart, frail and unloved, over there on the floor as the boys after him crush and stomp on it, not caring at all of who this lovely unloved heart belonged to.

She shakes her head to clear that heartbreaking thought from her mind, but deep down she knows that that's exactly what happened.