To Join or Not To Join

Pheonix's POV:
              "Well a couple of years ago, it had been time for my coronation-" "Why didn't you mention this before?!" I was cut off by Maya. "It wasn't really important back then?" I answered, though I was unsure myself. "So after the small ceremony my brother had given me two gifts, an axe, and Stargazer" I pointed to the dragon resting on my lap. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to hide the fact that I'm a half-aura, better safe than sorry I guess, but I still feel bad for lying to people who I just met... "After that me and my sister decided to go to the field for a while, when we went back home, we found it had been well I don't even know what you'd call it" "What happened?" the blond haired guy asked "Well first the whole kingdom was destroyed, everyone was gone, and I found this weird double-sided note, one side is obviously my brother's handwriting, the other side is just strange" I said and showed the note to him "That is definitely strange" he replied handing me back the note.
              After a while I finally finished telling my story. It was strange how painful it was telling that story considering that memory didn't upset me before. "Now if you would all excuse me, I just, need some time" Stargazer stood up ready to follow ",alone." I added, Star seemed surprised perhaps even hurt, but he stayed anyway. I stood up and walked outside the shelter, I headed towards a nearby lake. I sat near the water looking at my reflection, my eyes had turned green again. I tried skipping rocks on the lake's surface but they all ended up sinking to the bottom. I decided to try one last time, when my rock sank, I saw another one skip across the water. "Is that what you were trying to do?" I was surprised by the sudden voice. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you... Uh" Oh right, I never mentioned my name. "My name's Pheonix, what's yours?" I asked to avoid the same problem again. "It's Gill" he said. "Why'd you come here?" I asked curiously. "Lukas doesn't like people to be out alone when it's dark outside. Maya had fallen asleep on Aiden's shoulder so he told me to go look for you." Gill answered.
"So it was kind of like 3 against 1?"
"Yeah we do that sometimes, its funny"
"Sounds like you guys get along pretty well"
"Oh that reminds me, Lukas told me to ask you something"
"What would that be?"
"He told me to ask you if you would like to join us"
"I'll think about it but I think we should head back inside before monsters start to spawn"
              He replied with an 'ok' and started to head towards the shelter, I followed shortly after. When I went in, I couldn't help internally giggling at the fact that Maya had fallen asleep on Aiden's shoulder. I was tired so I had no trouble going to sleep.