Collecting

"A chicken? You couldn't control a chicken for more than 20 seconds? Unbelievable." spoke Slade pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance. "Why don't you try controlling something when you've been kept awake all night guarding a place you know no one will find?" Bella argued back. Faustina, Jackson, Callem, and Sage stayed silent, Bella was the only one out of the six who would dare argue with their leader. "Missions aren't always easy, get used to it. Now, Jackson you're next." Slade said motioning Jackson to a newly made portal. Jackson stood still thinking quickly of a mob he'd control once he got to the dimension, Slade only gave them a few seconds before moving the portal to below their feet if they didn't go in right away to test their "ability to work under pressure". After having decided on a mob he stepped in, his vision was blurry and it took a few seconds for his eyes finally adjust to his brighter surroundings.
              Meanwhile, the Ocelots had begun their trip to collect the materials for their Rainbow Beacon. Their plan was to head to the forest to get flowers for the dyes and wood, then go to the area near the river to get the sand and possibly find Guardians for their prismarine shards, and finally find a cave to find the ores they needed.
              "Why are there so many flowers here?" Aiden asked looking around and seeing nothing but flowers. Roses, tulips, sunflowers, poppies, and dandelions were sprinkled all across the forest floor. "I don't know but let's just get the ones we need" Lukas said looking at a list he had brought that said what materials they had and what they still needed to get. "Which are???" Maya asked waiting for the male to continue. However, as Lukas continued listing which flowers were needed everyone had stopped listening and just picked whatever flowers were in sight. The small area where they had been was soon filled with nothing but tall and short grass. "... and daisies. Did you guys get all th- you guys didn't even listen did you?" Lukas asked trying to hold in his laughter as every one shook their heads. Assuming they had picked pretty much every type of flower he crossed out the words 'Flowers/Dye' off his list. As they made their way to the lake, Pheonix thought to have seen a horse with what seemed to be a golden tint to its mane and tail but ignored it due to her past experiences with strangely colored mobs, Star gave out a low growl that stopped until the horse was out of sight.
              "Okay we have the sand. But, I don't think we'll find Guardians here, it seems too calm" Gill stated staring at the tranquil cobalt blue water. Lukas looked up from his list, "Maybe we could skip it for now." "Yeah let's head to the cave" Maya said relieved, she wasn't looking forward to being attacked by Guardians. Just as they were about to leave, Pheonix felt a slight tug at her boot and looked down to see Star. He kept pointing a paw at the water trying to get everyone's attention but to no avail, as Pheonix was about to pick him up something emerged from the water. "I take that back!" Gill said getting out his iron sword and attacking the Guardian. The once calm lake became flooded with about ten angered Guardians, luckily there was five people, and a dragon, working together to fight them otherwise Lukas would not be crossing out the words 'Prismarine Shards' off the list, instead many items would be scattered on the floor.
              Now all that was needed was the ores, that is if they could find a decent cave first. Some 'caves' turned out to be small holes on closer inspection, lead to the other side of a hill, or looped in a circle. It took a few minutes before they finally found a place that looked suitable enough for mining. As they entered the cave Aiden, who happened to be the person leading the way, stopped abruptly confusing everyone. "Uh, did any of you guys bring torches?" he asked looking back. "You're forgetting something, Star can just set a stick on fi—" Pheonix was cut off by a familiar orange glow, she crossed her arms which had now been replaced by auburn wings. ", This works too I guess..." she continued as Star kept walking purposely leaving his owner behind. The Ocelots continued walking forward until frantic fluttering was heard behind them. "Need a little help there?" Gill laughed noticing Pheonix's failed attempt at keeping up. She nodded, Gill put his arm out and allowed her to sit on his shoulder. "See Star? He's a good friend" She said playfully sticking her tongue out at the dragon. In response he rolled his eyes and sniffed the ground before stopping to claw at a certain spot. Aiden decided to go investigate and mined in that certain place, eventually he came across some iron. "Since when does he do that?" Maya asked curiously. "Since now?" Pheonix replied unsure herself. "Wait you mean he's your dragon yet you don't know he can do this?" Aiden snickered. "I am a very bad friend..." the younger female admitted laughing nervously at the look Star was giving her. "C'mon guys let's get all the ores we need quickly before it gets dark outside" Lukas spoke once he noticed everyone was starting to get distracted.
              Nighttime had approached and the Ocelots were all sleeping peacefully in the shelter. After all they only had one more day before the Building Competition.