Chapter 9

Mikasa POV
The soldier fired his gun and he aimed right for Eren. That bastard! I wouldn't be fast enough to help him dodge it. In a split second, Akari's wings spread and shielded Eren. She took out her katana and pointed it at the man who fired.
"Why did you shot!" she screamed. I walked forward and stood next to her.
" Cutting flesh is our speciality" I said
She looked at me and turned back to face him. "We will gladly show you our skill and I have no care of bloodshed"
A man standing next to the captain spoke to him.
"That's Mikasa Ackerman and Akari Sekiguchi. Both elite soldiers who were the first and second ranked cadets. Ackerman was a vanguard in my squad whilst Akari Sekiguchi was a one man support squad. She's worth a thousand of our soldiers and Ackerman is worth a hundred. Losing those two would cause a large impact on humanity"
Armin stood up.
"No! Akari, Mikasa, we can't fight our own kind. We're struggling enough to fight and there is nowhere to run even if you killed them!" He said desperately
" I don't care, no ones going to kill Eren" I said coldly
Akari spoke
"Even if I have to kill everyone within these walls, I will not let anything happen to you, Mikasa or Eren. I have no care if the Titans come."

Eren POV
What's going on...why are they aiming at us. We're not Titans yet they point swords at us which are meant for killing Titans! I'm not a titan, why do they think I am?!!

The bearded man spoke once more " I'll ask you once more, are you human, I want to hear it from the Titan, whether you are human or not"
I have to answer him correctly. It's not only my life at stake. My friends who I have spent my life with may die and Akari, the girl who took care of us even through hard times. The girl we owe our lives to. I have to answer correctly!

"IM HUMAN" I shouted. My voiced echoed through the walls as a eerie silence followed after my answer.
"I see" the man said. "No-one can truly tell if you are a Titan or devil or not. I'm sorry but do not hate me for this" he raised his hand signalling for the guards to fire. Mikasa dropped her swords and ran for us Akari was way ahead of her though. Akari swooped Mikasa, Armin and I off the ground and soared into the air. Her beautiful wings have a powerful whip and a large shock wave hit the ground but it was too late. I have to do something. I have to protect them! I looked down, my key, the key which my father gave me. The basement! Memories of my father injecting me came back in a flash. The faith he put in me, the power I had, I will use it to protect them.
I bit my hand and I turned into a Titan.

3rd POV
A bright light blinded everyone and it was followed by a large shock wave and smoke. The captain turned back to face the area which the cannon fired. The sight before him shocked him. A skeleton of a Titan, the cadets were inside the rib cage of the Titan. Horrified screams filled the air and Akari was on the floor with her wings behind her. She had been knocked unconscious. Armin was too shocked and Mikasa knelt next to him. When they had finally noticed Akari, Mikasa was the first to run to her. She didn't respond. Eren ripped his body out of the Titan skeleton and jumped into the rib age
"Akari! What happened to her?!" He said
"She might've been hit but not by the cannon but the Titan skeleton. What happened Eren? What did you do?"
Mikasa replied

"...I- I....transformed into a Titan, there's also another thing I remembered. We need to get to my basement, my dad, he kept something there, something i-important" he stammered. 
They heard a shout from outside the smoke by the captain.
"WAIT FOR THE SMOKE TO CLEAR THEN FIRE AT THEM. PREPARE TO FIRE!" He bellowed
Eren devised his plan to get to his houses basement but it only caused a dispute between him and Mikasa.
"It's too dangerous. I won't let you go"she retaliated.
"I'm not a child nor am I your brother" he threw back.
"Armin..I'm counting on you to convince them so we can escape"
Taking a deep breath Armin stepped outside

Armin POV
They're entrusting their lives in my hands, my words. I have to convince them.
"EREN ISNT AN ENEMY OF MANKIND! You all saw how he turned into a Titan. You all witnessed how he was being devoured by the Titans and fought against them like man kind has. He is one of us! There's nothing that can change that.!" I screamed
The soldiers took in his words and thought about them. A Titan fighting for man kind. It could help them and instead of using humans they could use a Titan against the Titans. Many lowed their guns and the captain was being pushed into a corner.
[A corner of goddamn acceptance -_-
- just an authors note, he didn't actually think this]
"THERES NO USE IN BEGGING NOW YOU MONSTER" the foolish captain yelled. "EVERYONE DON'T BE FOOLED BY HIS TRICK. PREPARE TO FIRE"
This is bad, he isn't thinking logically anymore, he is to scared to! What do I do? I turn back and look at Eren and Mikasa.... They look at me with faith, they have their complete trust in me! I turn back and begin once more.
" SIR! AS A SOILDER, I SWORE THAT I WOULD FIGHT FOR MAN KIND. IF I AM TO DIE FOR FIGHTING FOR A WAY TO BRING MAN KIND BACK ON OUR FEET, THERE WOULD BE NO GREATER GLORY!IF WE USED HIS TITAN POWERS TO FIGHT THE TITANS WITH OUR SOLDIERS, IT COULD BE POSSIBLE TO TAKE BACK ALL OF THE WALLS AND MORE! FOR THE RESURRECTION OF THE HUMAN KIND, BEFORE I DIE, I BEG YOU TO TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION!"
"Sir, maybe we sh-" a squad leader began
"Silence!" The captain screamed and he motioned his hand to fire. This is bad, their going to fire!