7 | h a u n t e d

"(Y/N)!" A voice shrieks.

I shoot up in bed, my eyes flying open. I scan the room and my eyes stop at a seething Kid with a venomous look in his eyes. I burst into laughter when I see his hair. It's green.

"Who did this?" He demands.

I smile mischievously. "I'm getting this room, you know."

"How dare you?!" He seethes, marching over to me.

"Oh, I dared!" I shoot back, jumping out of bed as he starts to chase me. I scream in laughter when I abruptly stop and stick out my leg in a lightening flash movement causing him to trip and go sprawling to the floor.

I stand above him as he glares at me menacingly. "I'll kill you soon, (Y/N)!"

I laugh, looming above him, a hand on my hip. "Yeah right. If you really wanted to, you'd already have tried."

"Tried? Don't you mean succeeded?" He smirks, standing up.

I roll my eyes. "Yeah right. Like you could beat me."

"And you chose to do something so cliché with my hair!" He's silent for a moment until he asks. "What's your berri bounty?"

I turn away, crossing my arms. "Not telling."

"Fine." He huffs. "I'll just go and check the school records." He turns to leave. "If you're stronger, I'll definitely beat you. Actually, I'll beat you no matter what."

With that he rushes off, sprinting down the hall. I run after him, still in my yellow pajamas with rubber ducks all over it, my hood with a ducks face pulled over my head. "No!" I shout, bolting after him, not caring if people laugh at my pajamas.

He exits Castle A and rushes towards the Main Castle. But suddenly, metal comes flying out of nowhere and bonks me on the back of my head. I go flying face-first to the ground. I sputter grass from my mouth, surprised. I look up an see Kid with a metal scrap arm, ready to punch a hole in the Main Castle. I smile in glee, getting up quickly.

"Let me help!" I shout. "If we destroy this place, we can escape."

"No." He replies, gruffly. "As much as I'd like to escape and kill you in the process, I need to find out your bounty."

"Why are you so adamant on finding out my bounty?!" I ask in a firm voice, crossing my arms.

He shrugs. "Just curious."

"Curiosity killed a cat." I state bluntly.

"I'm not going to die, little girl." He snorts.

My eyes flicker dangerously. "You better not try to find out my bounty."

He looks at me, confused. "What's it to you?"

"Could ask you the same." I retort.

"Already told you."

"What's your bounty?!"

"Not telling."

"Exactly." I say in an exasperated voice.

In a flash he turns and slams his fist through the stone wall. A loud crash is sounded as debris litters the once pristine grass. I watch in horror as Kid shoots through into the building, leaving me behind.

I scream and chase after him but he already has a head start. My bare feet touch the silky red carpets that adorn the hallways. I see a flash of red up front as Kid quickly rushes into the Main Office and slams the door shut.

I crash into it, face first and fall on the floor. It takes me a moment to recover and stand up again. I bang my fists on the door until I realize I'm wasting my time. I stand back, taking my dagger out of my hair that cascades down, framing my face. I slice the doors open and enter, fury in my eyes.