6 | e s c a p e

I awake to a dull ache pounding at my head. I groan internally.

Aching pains hurt like hell.

It takes me a few minutes to realize the warmth of something radiating onto me. I open my eyes and meet a mass of red hair. My eyes widen in complete shock.

What the...

His head is nuzzling into my shoulder, the side of it visible. An arm slung around my waist, the slight, barely noticeable smile on his face startling me. I notice that a leg is wrapped over mine as well.

What's going on?!

Flashbacks of the night before rush through me head in a whirlwind. I try to catch my breath, becoming dizzy. I look at his thick eyelashes and peaceful face. Though a small frown etches his lips. My brows furrow in confusion. Why's he in my bed?

I remember him catching me when I didn't need saving. I scowl softly at him a bit.

Abruptly, his eyes fly open. Dark orbs look up into mine, registering shock. He pulls away immediately landing on the floor with a thud. I burst into laughter.

"What the hell?!" He screeches.

I raise an eyebrow. "Guess we're both thinking the same thing."

He scowls at me. "You know, you could thank me for saving your life."

I glare at him. "I didn't need saving." I say through gritted teeth, my demeanor abruptly shifting. I swiftly stand up and tower over him, hands on my hip, waiting expectantly for an explanation.

He glares at me. "What?"

"Explanation. Now." I demand.

"What for?"

I narrow my eyes at him. "Why did you catch me?"

He sighs, standing up. He's taller by a whole foot but that doesn't falter my confidence.

"Well I was hanging around the campus at night and heard a scream and the sound of a window shattering. I made it just in time to see you flying out the window, covered in blood." He frowns. "Speaking of that, after all the battles you've participated in, why don't you have a scratch?"

I look away. "It's nothing. And I didn't need saving like I said before. I'm perfectly capable of handling myself." I turn on my heels towards the bathroom.

I need to escape as soon as possible.

~

I grit my teeth, hoisting myself up on to the roof. I huff out a breath, holding onto my left arm which popped out of its socket by the pressure. Closing eyes, I push it back in, though it's painful. I open my eyes and look into the dark of the night. My eyes scan the campus. I can dimly see the light of the Arcademia where almost everyone currently is despite having classes the next morning.

I sigh. I know there's tight security around on the weekends but I'll take my chances.

I have to escape.

Time is starting to run out.

But a part of me doesn't want to leave. These past few days I've made friends. And I feel like staying a bit longer even though I've made enemies as well.

No.

I can't.

This place has been softening me too much. And I haven't been here for that long.

I crouch low on the top of the Main Castle, dressed in my typical outfit. Not in cliché black spy clothes. Though my shirt is a dark army green. I stand a bit to walk over to the front of the roof when I hear a voice.