1 6 | t r a i n i n g

{ not proofread. Read at your own risk. }

Several Weeks Later...

"So, your saying that I heal fast because I have powers like my mother?" She asked.

"Yes. You also have different ways to control your power. You can heal and destroy at the same time." Garp spoke.

(F/B) burst into laughter. "You can hurt others and yet you can save them? That's unbelievable."

"But how do I heal others? How do I control my powers?" (Y/N) asked nervously. She didn't even know how to heal herself by actually using the power.

"Well, I'm here to train you two for two weeks aren't I?" Garp grinned.

~

One Month Later

He burst into laughter, falling on the ground and rolling around like an idiot. She stood above him, hand on her hip, glaring.

"It was my first attempt!" She defended herself, mad at him for making fun of her.

He stopped laughing and smiled at her brightly, pulling himself into a sitting position. "No. You've tried many times before. But one little barrier after trying for so long? C'mon (Y/N), you can do better than that!"

She huffed out a breath but closed her eyes and stretched out one hand in front of her. Concentrating on her palm, she tried to make another barrier that was better than the first. Upon hearing a gasp, she opened her eyes and saw a blue, flaming barrier just big enough to protect her. She grinned but felt her energy draining and let it drop.

(Y/N) turned to look at him with a triumphant smile. "Take that, (F/N)."

He shook his head, smiling. "You did a lot better. But you have to learn to make them bigger and last longer."

"But that's hard." She whined.

"But don't you want to become a pirate?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Of course I do!" She snapped. "I want to leave this hellhole forever and protect you and Yuki-san!"

He grinned. "Then you have to train and get stronger to set sail, (Y/N). Got it?"

"Got it!" She cheered.

And so they got to work. Each day for the next three months, she worked on making her barrier stronger. (F/N) worked on his strength and together, the both of them dueled daily.

"You're weak, (Y/N)." (F/N) taunted as she slammed her fist into his stomach.

She let out a frustrated breath and quickly put up a barrier as he came closer to attack. (F/N) quickly pulled away and aimed for her back which was left unprotected. (Y/N) dodged it swiftly, catching his fist in hers and sending a wave of destructive flames at him, causing him to fly into a tree. He gasped for breath, his eyes wide as he stared at her.

"Well." He sputtered, standing up. "That was new."

"Surprise attack!" She grinned. "I'm not a weakling."

"Though you may lack physical strength, your power comes in handy." He said thoughtfully.

"What do you mean?" She asked, a bit puzzled.

"Learn to control your power in different ways."

Different ways, huh?

She plopped down onto the floor, concentrating, deep in thought.