The Armory (Warning: Could be Triggering, Please be Careful)

__________
Enid's POV
__________
          They're leaving.  I heard Rick talking about it with Father Gabriel.  They're taking Maggie to the doctor at the hilltop.  Something's wrong with her, or maybe it's the baby, we don't know. 

          Since I didn't see him with Rick, there's really only one place that Carl would be right now.  I make my way to the armory, and I almost grin at the sight of a sheriff's hat sitting atop a head covered in brown hair.  Not saying anything, I approach the rack of guns and reach for a handgun, only to be stopped by a gentle hand.

          "You're not going, Enid."  I turn to look at him, his blue eye meeting my eyes.

         "Maggie needs me," I say quietly, reaching for the pistol again.

          This time, he grabs my hand.  "You're. Not. Going."  He repeats, more firmly.  I look back at him, and this time I notice something.  He seems sadder.  I couldn't tell before because I had gotten used to the absence of joy, but he'd gotten worse.  He stared into my eyes, his expression hard and stubborn.  Naturally.

          "It's not your decision to make.  I want to go, and I will."  I try to pull away from him, but he doesn't release my hand.  He just keeps looking at me, his expression unchanging. 

          "Don't you know what could happen to you?"  I look at the bandage over his right eye, the result of the insanity this world brings.  "I don't want something like this to happen to you.  I couldn't live with that." 

          "And what if I stay here?  Am I just supposed to wait on the sidelines, praying that you actually comeback?  I couldn't live with that!  Knowing that you didn't comeback because I wasn't there!"

          "I'm not going to die!"  He gripped my arm too tightly, yelling right in my face. 

          "You don't know that!" I screamed, straining harder against his grip.

          "Dammit, Enid, do you want to die!?" 
__________
Carl's POV
__________

          I regretted it the moment I said it.  I'd yelled at her before, but this is different.  She'd told me she was afraid of me before, but the way she's looking at me now is different.  Both of our eyes went to her wrist, where, underneath my white-knuckled hand and her long sleeves, hide the scars of her past.  She'd only told me about them a few weeks ago.  I was shocked, but she didn't seem ashamed.  She said that she was proud of the fact that she got through it, but that people didn't need to know about it.  She told me that there were more important things than her happening.

          "Enid-" she yanks her hand away and turns her back on me.  "Enid, I-I didn't mean..."  She isn't just afraid now, she's angry, and upset, and it's my fault.  I can't stand seeing her like this, especially when I caused it.

         I stretch my arm out, and I softly place it on her shoulder.  "Enid, you know I didn't mean it like that."

          "I...  I just can't lose you.  I've lost everyone else I care about," she turns around, looking at me with eyes brimming with tears.  "I'm not going to lose you.  I won't let that happen."

          I move my hand from her shoulder to her cheek, and gently wipe away the stray tear that fell from her hazel eyes.  "You're not going to lose me.  Just promise me that I won't lose you."

Enid slowly reaches up and places her hand on mine, holding it to her face. "Let me come with you and you won't." I open my mouth to say something, but she cuts me off. "If I come with you, you can keep your eye on me."

I sigh at the comment. "Ya know, I'm getting kinda tired of all the eye jokes, E." Despite my slight annoyance at her quip, I can't help but smile at how much her face lights up when she laughs.

"Please, Carl. Trust me." She stares into my eye, and I can tell that even though what I say matters to her, she's going to go anyways.

"Okay."
___________________________
Hi guys! So this is my first story, please vote and comment if you want another chapter!
________________________
~Katy