Tragedy at Nickson High (Critique)

Story Critique of Tragedy at Nickson High by mmuchison.

I apologize for putting this so bluntly, but your grammar and writing style made for a difficult read. I don't know what was going on, much less who the characters were. I suggest you write one chapter to introduce all the characters. Also, be sure to practice showing your audience what is going on. A story is much more than dialogue, it's interaction. It's putting a character or characters in a situation that creates conflict. And action.

Another thing to improve is exciting your audience. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't pay much attention to characters until I know what makes this story special. A catchy title, a tantalizing blurb, and a descriptive cover are all great things to entice your audience. However, especially in a come-and-go market like Wattpad, the first few pages are what actually sell the book. You need to grab your reader and make it glaringly clear why your story is what they should read right now.

Now, a lot of people use suspense or battle to fulfill this purpose, but they're not the only options available. Dialogue and descriptions of characters also work - but you have to do it the right way. I like to sow seeds of conflict along with whatever option I choose. Give your readers a hint that something is going to happen, but keep the bulk of the details for the proper moment.

Of course, I'm not saying I'm the perfect writer. It's obvious I have areas for improvement. But that's part of the fun of life. By practicing your craft and studying masters, you will get better and better.