Chapter 3: Two More Classes

I walked up to the front desk where there was a lady sitting typing on the computer in front of her.

"Excuse me?" I spoke up.

"Yes?" She asked not looking away from the computer screen.

"This is my first day here and i was wondering if i could get my schedule?" I asked politely.

"Whats your name?" She asked tilting her head down the look at me from above her glasses.

"Ahdree Williams." I told her.

She began to type into the computer once again. With in a few clicks of the mouse the printing machine started to work at the desk behind her. She spun in her chair and grabbed the sheet. She examined the paper closely before handing it to me.

"Thank you" I smiled at her. I adjusted my backpack then walked out of the office.

I stood by the office door to look at my schedule. Hopefully i have the classes i want. Actually I'm not particularly picky on my classes. Well since I'm a senior this year and I'm ahead in most of my classes, i only have four classes when there is supposed to be six.

Period 1: Physical Education
Ms. Mcdaniel
Hallway 2
Period 2: Honors Chemistry
Mr. Hems
Room 56
Period 3: Art
Mrs. Denahey
Room 86
Period 4: English 12
Mrs. Swenson
Room 103
Lunch 11:02- 11:47

Gross! Gym first period! How am i supposed to survive. Don't think like that Ahdree! No, I'm fine. I can tackle gym the first hour of my day no problem.

The bell rung signaling for people to get to class. My stomach began to feel weird. I ignored it and started to walk to where i thought hallway 2 is at. When i reached the other side of the commons it read Hallway 1 on a plaque on the side of the wall. I sighed and walked clear down to the other side of the school. To my luck it was the hallway i was looking for. I think this hallway is the fitness hallway because as i am walking down it i see a weight room, a basketball court, a room with treadmills and bikes and other sorts of athletic do dads. I looked at all the doors till i saw one labeled Girls Locker Room. I opened it and instantaneously all eyes were on me. People watched as i walked in. Mostly every girl was half naked trying to get dressed in the appropriate attire for gym. I smile briefly before walking into the office of my gym teacher.

"Hi." I said to get Ms.Mcdaniels attention.

"What do you need?" She asked.

Ms. Mcdaniel was a skinny woman. She had short bright blonde hair with dull green eyes. What i can see she most likely wasn't the tallest person but was in great physical condition.

"Hi, my name is Ahdree Williams. This is my first day here. I coming to check in with you." I told her.

"Well its a pleasure to meet you." She smiled. "Do you have your gym clothes ready?"

"Im afraid i don't. It totally slipped my mind. I didn't know what type of classes i was gonna get." I explained to her nervously.

"That perfectly fine. You can sit on the bleachers and watch the class for the day so you can get a feeling on how tomorrow will go." She waved her hand for effect.

"Thank you so much." I said with enthusiasm.

"Oh and ill give you a locker tomorrow as well." She said before i walked out of the office. I smiled in response before heading to the gym.

I sat on the bottom row of the bleachers and waited for the class to begin. With in a few minutes people began to flow into the gym. They all sat up in the bleachers. It seemed to be in three sections. Maybe like one section for each class. Im starting to think they do things a little differently at this school. Before i new it three teachers were in the front of the bleachers.

"Okay, quiet it down students!" A man spoke up. "Today my class will be in the weight room, Ms. Rendons class will be in the fitness lab and Ms. Mcdaniels class will be in here doing cardio vascular endurance."

I glanced around to the side of me and behind me. Some of the kids were excited about the activities they were doing. Others not so much.

The whole class period i sat on the bleachers and watch my class do running exercises, push ups, jumping jacks and other things. It was pretty boring. Nothing really stuck out to me except for the fact there was three girls who wouldn't do the push ups because it was going to make there hands dirty and ruin their nails.

I walked to my next class after getting directions from my gym coach. I got into my Chemistry class and walked up to the teacher who name happens to be Mr. Hems.

"Ahdree Williams? Am i correct?" He asks nonchalantly.

"Yes sir." I replied politely.

"Sit next to Kim Yellon. Second row third to the right." He pointed out.

I begin to walk over and saw my desk partner to be a pretty girl with red hair and bright blue eyes.

"Hey" she said with a genuine smile on her face. "Good thing i have a partner now. I don't wanna work with Zachary Brown for another second of my life!" She exclaimed which made me laugh.

"My name is Ahdree. Its a pleasure to meet you." I said to her which makes a smile grow on her face.

"New girl?" She asked with a playful pouting lip.

"Yeah, is it that noticeable?" I asked.

"Well this isn't the biggest school. So I'm pretty sure everyone noticed you were new." She said while tapping her pen on the desk.

"Darn! I didn't want that much attention to be drawn to me." My face fell into a small frown.

"You will be fine. Whats your schedule?" She asked. I pulled it out of my pocket and handed it to her.

She squealed before saying "We have the next class together." She clapped her hands together.

"Class!" A booming voice called our attention. "Return to working on your assignment from yesterday." He said before returning to his seat.

I looked over at Kim. "Im already done. Which mean we ate done." She chirped happily.

Kim and I get along really well. We are gonna walk to Art together. She even invited me to sit with her and her friends at lunch which i am thankful for.

Just two more classes to go.....