Chapter 9: Liam and Basketball

I arrived to school late earning me a very pleasant surprise of a Monday School. Which is after school detention for an hour held in the auditorium. Just great! Once I had gotten to the locker room nobody was in there. I miss suit down so that meant doing whatever we had for the day in my jeans and Nike slides. Gym class should be eventful...

I walked into the gym and every person there stared at me. I felt my face redden in embarrassment. I hugged my back pack strap and kept my head down as I walked across the whole gym to get to Ms. McDaniel.

"Non-suit for gym class means you lost points for the day Miss Williams. The best you can get for the day is a B and that's if you participate in the activity. " she said making me wanting bang my head against a wall. Did she really have to call me out in front of everyone!

I handed her my admissions slip and she nodded me off to go sit.

"Today we are going to do a basketball day. Learn to pass, shoot and defend." One of the other teachers began the activity.

Great a sport I can't play! I shouldn't have even came today.

"Now we want you guys to grab a partner and warm up by taking shots at the free throw line. Go!" He yelled.

I kept myself sat on the bleachers. I looked around a bit causing me to make eye contact with people who obviously did not want to be my partner.

Majority of the student had gotten a partner ams already had begum practicing. Few students still standing around or others just talking to friends acting like they didn't have to participate.

"Do you have a partner?" A voice scared me from behind.

I turned around to see a boy with brown hair and blue eyes. He had a nice smile.

"Oh-uh no. No I do not." I stuttered. He chuckled while looking down at the floor.

"You can be with me. Come on" he said with a genuine smile.

I left my backpack on the bleachers and walked behind him. He picked up a ball from the cart and tossed it between his hands nervously.

"I'm Liam by the way." He said holding out his hand which I accepted when I shook his hand as a formal greeting.

"Ahdree." I said back.

"Cute name." He smirked and turned to walk over to the court.

Liam calling my name cute made my cheeks heat up. He was definitely attractive. He had a smile that could melt any girl with in seconds.

"So you are the new girl?" He asked right when he took a shit and made it in the hoop with a swish of the net.

"Yeah, that's me." I said awkwardly. He tossed the ball at me when I wasn't paying attention and I flinched when I caught it.

I threw it back at him. "Im not good at this."

"Just try. You don't want to loose all your points for the day, now do you?" He smirked and bounced it to me.

I sighed as I walked to the free throw line. I bounced it once. Then I held it in the correct position and threw the ball with a jump. Like expected it didn't make it into the hoop. All the happened was hit the side of back board and bounced off.

"See....." I sighed again.

"You just need to focus. Your form was perfect. All you need to do is focus on hitting the square on the back board. From there you are set on being in the NBA." He joked. I smiled a little and took the ball back.

I did what Liam said. I tried to focus. The ball hit the top of the square but bounced off the rim. I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath.

"That was better! Now trying taking a deep breath before you shoot." He handed the ball to me. He went and stood behind me.

I got into position and studied the back board. Taking a deep breath I jumped and let the balk slid off my fingers. It hit the center of the back and went straight into the hoop.

"You did it! We got a pro right here!" He yelled and pointed at me. Attention began getting drawn to us.

"Okay! Okay! Please stop." I whisper yelled trying to hold back my laugher. We both ended up laughing and having a good time.

We both just messed around for the rest of the time during gym. Liam is really nice and super sweet. He made my day shine just a little brighter