Chapter 6: Night out- Pt.1 - An abandoned what?

I was in the kitchen getting a snack. I grabbed the cereal that was in the cupboard. My favorite kind! Lucky Charms is the best. Or Smorz. If you hadn't tried Smorz, you need to before you die. These cereals aren't particularly good for you but oh well.

I checked my phone and saw that it was six o'clock in the evening. Kim told me she would pick me up at seven o'clock. When i got home all i did was finish what little homework i had and went on my phone. I check my social media and texted a few of my friends from back home for a while before i became bored.

I went down stairs and found my mother in the kitchen. She was reading a magazine while drinking a freshly made smoothie.

"Im gonna go out with some friends for a while. Is that okay?" I asked her and i took a drink of her blueberry and raspberry smoothie.

"Yeah thats fine. What time will you be home?" She asked while she continued to flip through her catalogue.

"Im not exactly sure. Maybe around ten or eleven." I told her even though she wasn't paying much attention.

"Alright sweetie. Have fun." She said. "Oh and tomorrow your dad will be home for dinner."

"He will!" I exclaimed.

"Yes. We are having dinner with a client your dad has a business deal with. So i would like your help preparing dinner for them. Is that okay?" She asked looking up from the catalogue for once.

"Yeah, anything for you." I smiled politely.

I didn't really wanna help my mom cook. She gets to crazy trying to get everything done on time. My mom just gets to stressed about it and ends up almost ripping my head off for something she told me to do but she didn't want me to do it a particular way.

"Thank you dear. Now go on. Have some fun!" She said 

After that i texted Kim my address. She texted me back telling me it wouldn't be that hard to find. Maybe she has been down my street before?

Not too long later i heard a honk of a horn. I automatically knew it was my new friends and i jumped up from the couch and grabbed my bag.

"Get in loser we are going shopping!" Kim hollered.

"I love that movie!" I exclaimed as i got into the back seat.

When i was seated i noticed that Blake was in the front seat. Then next to me was Ryan and next to him was Kayla.

"Wheres Shelby?" I asked.

I felt Ryan move his head to look at me. I felt small compared to him. He was maybe 6'2 and i am 5'8. I guess I'm tall for a girl but not as tall as Kim.

"She doesn't like coming with us when we go out. She says its not her scene." Ryan squished his eyebrows together. I heard Blake chuckle.

"She is doing homework. Her mom is very strict and makes her stay and study almost every night." Kayla told me.

This makes a lot more sense. I mean if i didn't like the things my friends did. I would still come even though its 'not my scene' as Ryan put it.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"To the most fun place in the world!" Ryan cheered.

"The best!" Kayla added on.

"Literally all the high schoolers know about it. Its a teenager hang out." Kim told me excitedly.

"Well what is it?" I asked again with a slight chuckle.

Everyone became silent for a few seconds. Most eyes were on me.

"The abandoned amusement park." Blake said cooly.