The Inability to Communicate

This is where I discover Damien refuses to tell me shit that I know will be relevant and would have stopped problems from forming had he simply told me to begin with.

Buuuut 'He is Alpha! He is boss!' so I have no basis of argument apparently and why would I? His logic is infallible!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to my knight in ass hugging denim, I simply got an apology from Alpha Douchebag for my behaviour. After which he had attempted to kiss me but I had quickly dodged by clinging to Stacy and claiming I had a headache from the excitement of the day. She had thankfully covered for me because she had come into the kitchen to see Vince holding a cold cloth to my face and I had explained what had happened. She had not been impressed to say the least.

That was two weeks ago. I was still in handcuffs but I didn't have to spend so much time around Peanut Brittle. He was busy with shit he didn't want me to know, so as a result I was stuck with another person.

Could you guess who the lucky person was? Let me give you a hint, he was gorgeous, thoughtful and sexy. Did you guess Vince? You would be correct and you would be correct in assuming I was on cloud fucking nine because of it. The man smelled like manly heaven. Musky and just primal male.

The man was something else. He practically catered to my every want and he made me smile when I was so upset I wanted to cry. There were a lot of days like that. I had been gone three weeks and I was missing everything about my home. As much as Vince had tried to make me feel welcome and cared for, he could never quite get rid of that feeling of being trapped that ran through my veins.

It didn't help that whenever I moved my hands I was reminded of it because of the handcuffs. The pretty bracelets that Peanuts McGee referred to them whenever I started cursing them. That was usually followed by him telling me that until he could trust me not to run off, I needed to keep them on. To which I would attempt to pulverize his junk with my foot.

"Honey, are you back to not speaking to me?" That was a fun habit to develop. It drove him bonkers when he couldn't get an answer out of me.

"I'm just copying you." And I was. The psycho was so tight lipped about everything concerning his brother that it only made me want to know more about it.

"What do you mean?" He looked actually puzzled by the concept and I gave a sound of disgust.

"You aren't telling me shit. Don't you think I should know what is going on?" I knew it had to do with me. That was why he was letting Vince hang out with me. Keep me occupied while he dealt with things.

"Not this again, sweety. I am more than capable of protecting you. You don't need to focus on anything but the wedding." The thought made me want to gag. He was convinced I was going to marry him. That was not going to happen in a million years.

"I'm not planning a wedding." I spat the words out and he gave me a low growl, a warning about my tone that I ignored as I sunk further into my chair. I was handcuffed to the arm of it so I couldn't escape the office he had me in.

"Vince told me he had been going over details with you." He was gritting his teeth and I hoped he broke one. It would serve him right for being an unbearable asshole.

"Vince can go over details to the non-existent wedding with me but that doesn't mean I have to listen to them." No I was too busy staring at the sex on legs and trying not to get caught. To be honest I spent more time distracting him with inane questions. He seemed just about as thrilled as I was about this stupid wedding that was not going to fucking happen. So he always seemed more than glad to have the conversation derailed.