The Escape

This is where I finally get an opportunity to escape (courtesy of one sexy Beta) and take it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was brought to consciousness by a pounding in my head that felt like someone was using my skull as a fucking drum. I became aware of someone rolling me over onto my back.

"Oh darlin." Vince's voice was pained and I blinked, my head pounded but my right cheek throbbed as well. "I'm so sorry." I looked at him and tried to open my right eye a bit more but it felt swollen. He helped me to sitting, his arm around my shoulders and I looked around. I distinctly remembered Alpha Douchian punching me, that would explain my throbbing headache and sore face.

"Easy, darlin." Vince held me like he thought I was going to break. His one hand reached up and ghosted over the swollen part of my right eye. I winced slightly and his hand fell away before he helped me to my feet. I glanced down and relief coursed through me when I realized I still had my clothes on. Alpha Dick Cheese hadn't done what I was pretty sure he wanted to do. "What are you looking at?" Vince seemed a bit apprehensive and I looked up at him.

"My clothes." I watched as his eyes narrowed slightly as he glanced down to look down at them as well.

"Why?" There was a bit of a bite to his usually gentle voice and I let out a small sigh.

"Just making sure they are still on." A growl rumbled his chest and I ignored it. I had heard enough growling men to know to ignore them. "Where did the asshole go?" I didn't think he would leave a job half finished. Actually I didn't think, I knew. He was anal retentive like that.

"We created a distraction on the eastern border of the territory." With his arm around my shoulder, Vince lead me to the door. His words were confusing and I blinked slightly, trying hard to ignore the pounding in my right eye.

"Why?" There was no reason for them to create a distraction to simply get Peanuts McGee out of the house.

"So we could give you an opportunity to escape." At his words I stopped walking but he simply urged me to continue. My mouth was hanging open and I could barely comprehend what he was saying. He was helping me escape. They were helping me escape. I clutched at the arm he was using to steady me.

"Really?" If he was, I would marry him. I would marry him and have all the little Vinces and Vincettes he wanted. We could practice making them as well. I knew I wouldn't mind practicing.

"Yes." He nodded and I smiled at him brightly. We were near the back door and he glanced down at me. "Don't smile at me, Sasha. I made you a promise that he wouldn't hurt you again." He sounded pained and I wanted to shush him, to let him know that it didn't matter.

"So? You are helping me get out. I think that more than makes up for it." And it did. I would take another punch to the face if it mean Vince could escape with me.

"I still made a promise, darlin." His drawl was more prominent and I sunk further into his embrace. He was so fucking comfortable. I didn't understand it.

"A promise that Dick Cheese made you break. He is at fault." As hard as he tried, he couldn't hide the chuckle that erupted out of his throat.

"That's disgusting." He chuckled the words out and I allowed the vibrations of the sound warm me up and roll across my skin. It felt so lovely.

"I thought it was fitting." I shrugged slightly and winced as my head gave a particularly nasty throb. He opened the back door and let out a sigh as he let me go. He grabbed my hands and undid the cuffs, dropping them to the floor.

"I can't go with you. You need to run west as far as you can." He crouched down to my level again, eye to eye, letting me see the truth in his gaze. "We will keep him away. You just keep running until you find somewhere safe." He cupped my face in his hands, his eyes drawn to what I was pretty sure was a fairly nasty bruise.

"Where is the safe place?" I needed to know where to run too but he shook his head. I was getting tired of cryptic answers to my questions.

"You will know it when you see it, darlin." He let my face go, gently gesturing to the open door. "Run." I hesitated for a brief moment, drinking in the gorgeous sight in front of me before I turned and did as he said.

Freedom was in my grasp and despite my painful head and throbbing face. I couldn't have been happier. Well I could have but that involved a certain man running beside me and then giving me a courtesy 'we escaped the crazy' sexy time.

I pouted at the thought of missing out. Sexy time with Vince seemed something worth risking capture for.