IV

EDITED

Katherine shook her head in disbelief and let out a small dry laugh.

“Is this some sort of joke?”

“What?” Christian asked.

“This.” She answered,pointing at the women and the children.

“ Why would I joke about this matter?”

“I don’t know. Okay,I get it,our sudden marriage is rather unconventional but do you really have to actors to act as your family just so you can get rid of me?” She stayed quiet before asking a question that had been bothering her.”I mean is this even legal?”

“It is.” Christian answered in a tone that suggested that the conversation was over

“Under what law?” Katherine asked defiantly.

Christian looked at her with a very irritated look before looking away. “Laura.” He called and a petite and aging women walked into the lounge. “Escort her to the room that was assigned to her.” Christian ordered Laura and she nodded in understanding before gesturing Katherine towards her.

“Is he joking?” Katherine asked Laura who just gave her a small smile as they walked to Katherine’s room. The smile meant a ‘no' to Katherine “Why the hell would he have two wives?” She asked in disbelief

“Because he loves them.”Laura asked simply, like she had accepted the taboo act that was this man partook in. But Katherine couldn’t accept it,she couldn’t wrap her head around the idea.

“But how can a single man love two people?” Katherine asked again as she entered a large room after Laura.

“Christian can,he has been doing it for countless years.” Laura replied.

Katherine stopped herself from asking another question because she could see that Laura was getting a bit uncomfortable due to the topic.

“Thank you for showing me the way to my room.” Katherine said instead and watched Laura leave her room.

With a huge sigh,Katherine sat on the bed and took off her heels

“Why didn’t Mari tell me about this?” She asked herself even though she knew that she would get no response. Katherine really wanted to call Mari to try and get answers but she realised that Mari could be resting. “You are a big girl Kat.” She reassured herself. “You can handle the weird shit that’s going on here.” And with that,Katherine got up from the bed and went to her suitcases that were set close to the door. She took out some shorts and a shirt. Carefully taking the dress off,Katherine tried to remember who the Swiss businessman was. By the time she in her casual clothes,Katherine gave up and decided that he was not worth remembering.
‘The dress is really beautiful though.’ She thought as she found a place for the dress in the large closet.

With some music playing softly in the background, Katherine began moving her clothes from her suitcases to the closet. Her packing was halted halfway through due to someone entering her room.

“Knocking is really not that hard.” Katherine protested as she saw Christian.

“It’s my house.”Christain said coldly before he handed Katherine the tablet that he had with him.

Katherine bit her tongue due to the submission Mari had asked of her. It would be rather difficult due to the sharp tongue that Katherine.

“What is this for?” She asked.

“The gate can only be accessed with a fingerprint scan so I need yours so it can be entered into the database.” Christian explained and Katherine placed her hand on the screen to the large tablet that scanned her fingerprints.

“What’s with the intense security? I mean you’re just a nobody.” Katherine asked as she gave him the tablet which he took while glaring at her.

“I’m far from a nobody.” He said while he logged onto the database. “Dinner is in three hours. I expect you to be present.” Christian stated before  turning around to leave. He opened the door and before leaving he looked over his shoulder and said, “Oh and put some proper clothes on,you are a married woman not a whore.”

He left and Katherine could’ve sworn that she had heard him mutter “Anymore.”

Katherine stared at the door with her mouth agape. She couldn’t believe that he had just called her a whore.

“Why does this man hate me? The bastard barely knows me.” She said before she went back to packing.

Katherine realised that the one thing Mari wanted from her,she might not be able to give it to her