XXI

THE house was silent, no one uttered a word except for Mari's lawyer. Mari's children, husband and Katherine were seated in the dining room. The lawyer had been reading Mari's will for the past thirty minutes. The will was extremely detailed. Mari had requested for her fortune to be shared among her children and husband.
"Katherine, for you I leave five million pounds." Read the lawyer.
A gasp left Katherine's lips. She couldn't accept that much money.
"Since I know how stubborn you are, the money has been deposited into your account and will not leave your possession." The lawyer continued reading.
"The deceased also left you a letter Mrs Williams. She requested that you read it in private." The lawyer handed Katherine the letter.
"A copy of the will of you Mr Williams." The lawyer handed John a will and started packing up.
"That is all. If you have any problems, feel free to call me. I'm sorry for your loss." Said the lawyer as he shook hands with everyone in the room and was escorted out the house. Katherine gave Nicole a hug,shook John's hand and left the dining room. She went to her office while the envelope with the letter felt like it was burning her hand. She was itching to read it. Katherine immediately poured herself a drink and sat down behind her desk. She carefully opened it and took out the letter. She took a sip of her whiskey before she read the letter.

My dearest Katherine

If you are reading this,it means I'm dead. Enough with the jokes dear. I wrote you this letter because I need to tell you a few things. I feel like it's necessary for me to apologise for making you marry Christian. If you hate me for it dear, I am sorry. Katherine, I know very well that you are the perfect match for Christian as he is for you. Things are going to be hard between you two, I know very well that there will be numerous arguments, but dear don't give up on him. He needs you as much as you need him. It may not seem like it at the moment but will once you let him in. You, my dear, are someone he so dearly needs in his life. Once you let him in dear, it won't be hearts and roses, I know for sure that there will be another problem, a big one, sharing him. I didn't feel very comfortable with throwing you into a lifestyle that you are not familiar but it had to be done. I don't know how to say this, but if problems with Christian arise and the main reason for those problems is sharing him, please dear please don't divorce him. I know it's a lot to ask but please don't. But dear, I won't restrict you, if you feel it's enough, or maybe you fall in love with another or something else happens, feel free to leave him dear and don't look back.
I love you very much Katherine and I wish you all the best in life and in love. I hope you and Christian can be happy. It's all I want.

Love
Mari

KATHERINE was in tears as she finished reading the letter. She didn't know how Christian needed her or how she needed him. Things with Christian were getting more complicated by the day and Mari's letter made it more complicated. Part of Katherine wanted to give Christian a chance but she also wanted her freedom and she couldn't share him. Katherine heard a knock on her door.
"Come in." She said and Christian walked in
"You are crying." Christian stated
"Yeah, people tend to do that when they are sad."
"But not you. For the little time that I have known you, I have come to gather that you don't cry a lot."
"Aren't you an observant thing." Said Katherine as she stood up.
"Why are you crying?" Asked Christian with concern. He walked towards her. Christian looked at her bloodshed eyes and felt a pang of concern. Her vulnerability was disarming him. He wasn't used to her showing other emotions other than anger and lust. Mari's death was reveling how vulnerable she could be. Part of him appreciated it.
"Your mother can bring me to tears even in her death." Answered Katherine with a laugh.
"That's my mother for you."
Christian placed two fingers on the bottom of her chin and made her look at him. He slowly wiped her tears away. Katherine put her hand on the back of Christian's neck and pulled him in for a kiss. A shocked Christian quickly responded passionately. Katherine broke away from the kiss and whispered in his ear,
"I'm giving us a try, don't you dare fuck it up."
"I won't."
×

Short chapter I know but it's the best I could do.

I would have updated earlier but I was binge watching the Mr Bean Animated Series with my little brother and I couldn't tear my gaze from the TV the entire day.

As always, thank you for the votes and comments.

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
And have a fucking awesome day
Imperial_Nightmare