XXXIII

KATHERINE held Nick's hand as they walked down the streets in Italy. Both a bit grateful to have time to themselves with the kids at home with Sam and Dave. A lot of people knew about the kids. Including Nicole and John. Katherine made the decision, much to Nick's disapproval, to tell the people closest to her about her children. She first told Sam when she was in hospital the day she left the Williams mansion. When the kids were still infants, Katherine finally answered Nicole's calls and told her. Nicole immediately rushed to Italy and bought John with her. They all agreed with Katherine to keep the kids a secret form Christian. When the time was right, Katherine went back to London with the kids and took  them to Mari's grave. With the help from John, who took Christian out of the country the day Katherine came back, they made sure they didn't bump into Christian. Most of Katherine's friends came to Italy to see the kids and those visits resulted in the kids being spoilt rotten.
"Nick I have to tell you something."
"What is it?"
Katherine looked around and stopped a café across the street. She pulled Nick to it and they got seated on the tables that were placed outside.
"What's wrong?" Asked Nick after the waiter left with their orders
"I got the papers."
"What papers?"
"The divorce papers. I finally realised that there is no use in not divorcing him."
"You finally got them."
Their conversation was seized when the waiter handed them their orders.
"It's time I ended things and then I will be all yours."
"In mind, body, soul and surname."
"In every aspect." Katherine replied with a smile
"I have a feeling that you are going back to London so you can divorce. And that means you could possibly not be all mine."
"What do you mean Nick?" Katherine paused from drinking her juice.
"Katherine, you and Christian didn't end on the terms where you and him agreed to end things, they ended because of some twisted lie. I'm just afraid that you two could get back together when he discovers that you have his kids."
"Who don't you trust, me or him?" Katherine asked with a tightened jaw when she realised what he said.
"Him, I don't trust him. I know Christian like the back of my hand. When he discovers the kids, he will want his family back. What if you realise you also want him back, what do I do then?"
Katherine listened and couldn't believe his insecurities.
"So you mean, you think I'm capable of leaving you for him?"
"I don't know Kat, I just don't know at the moment." He answered with a shrug.
"So after two whole years together, you don't trust me enough  to think that I wouldn't go back to Christian?"
"That's not what I mean Kat."
"That's exactly what you mean Nick."
"It's just that I get scared sometimes Kat, that you will go back to London and realise that you still love him. What do I don't when he also wants you back? He will do anything to get you back, believe me."
"He won't do anything to me or the kids when we go back. And as for me going back back to him, could you just fucking trust me when I say I love you. You're my forever Nick. Don't you ever doubt that, no matter my past."
"I'm still not happy about you leaving with our kids." He complained like he had been doing for ages when it came to this subject.
"I have to go with them." Argued Katherine
"But you have the DNA test results that Nicole and the kids did, why leave with them when you have all the proof on that piece of paper?"
"In the divorce papers, I have asked for full custody of the kids. I just can't give him a piece of paper and expect him to sign all his parental rights over to me for kids he doesn't even know truly exist."
"Why do you need him to give you full custody, he doesn't even know the children exist?"
"Because if he doesn't sign over all his rights, he could waltz in at any given moment and demand to see his children. Plus, I made a few tweaks and he's not only giving me full custody, he is giving it to the both of us."
"Are you serious?" Nick asked with an excited smile
"You are already their father, it's just time I make you their legal father."
"Are you sure he will even give us rights of his kids? He will be officially losing you to me, something he thought already happened years ago. He will lose his children and he will be losing those boys he wanted."
Katherine leaned back into her chair and said,
"I was already dangerous when I didn't have people I had to protect, now I'm a mother who will do anything to keep her children by her side. Christian won't go against me, he will do as I say because,honestly Nick, I'm not an enemy he wants to make."