Chapter 5: THEIR CHANGE OF MIND

That afternoon in Konohagakure, Asuma visited Mirai and the others. He came to get their reason for ending up in the forest and also to inform them about the Kazekage. Around the same time, Mirai already told the fake reason. Well, quarter fake for her. They introduced themselves.

"Mirai"

"Sarada"

"Chouchou"

"Inojin"

"Chan"

"Mitsuki"

"Boruto"

"Himawari"

"My dad died before I was even born so I only see him in photos and my Mom became sickly after she gave birth to me so when I was ten, she passed away. All of us here are from an orphanage until it burned down. The one who adopted us died yesterday, that's why we ended up in the forest." Mirai explained (lied).

Asuma was listening intently to her story, "And the others?"

"My Dad left for a mission after I was born and never came back. My Mom is a medic but she became ill and died because of stress." - Sarada

"I was adopted but was left again back in the orphanage." - Chouchou

"I never once met my Mom. I have a great relationship with my Dad. But... like Sarada's, he went on a mission and never came back." - Chan, 'It's so unyouthful to lie!'

"My Dad died on a mission as an ANBU, my Mom owns a flower shop but it didn't last long because of Dad's death. She became depressed. I lost connection to her and got sent to the orphanage." - Inojin

"My parent raised me. He vanished not too long ago without any trace." - Mitsuki

"Me and Himawari are biological siblings. Mom and Dad were always having a fight and because of it, we stayed at our Uncle's home..." Boruto began.

"...but he died a week later because of his weak health." Himawari finished.

Asuma felt sorry for the children. He thanked them for their time and left to report back to the Hokage.

"Oh, the Kazekage is coming here..." he said before totally leaving

"I feel bad for telling a lie..." Himawari said sadly.

"You know..." Mirai said and the other's look at her, "I've been thinking after we just said those. You know that our prescence might have already change the future, right? And since the Kazekage is coming here, Shikadai must be with him, probably."

All of them nod.

Boruto is the first one to get across what Mirai was trying to say. And it is quite a shocker.

"We might as well tell them the truth and explain why we end up here and correct those lies. We can ask the past to help us get back to the future..."

"Wow, Boruto. You said it shockingly perfect..." Awed, Mitsuki said with a smile.

Sarada's face turned slightly red that didn't go unnotice to the snake-eyed boy that smiles again, 'T-That's the second time Boruto said serious words like that...' was the Uchiha girl's thoughts.

"Correct, Boruto. Let's discuss this tomorrow to the Hokage." Mirai stood up.

"In this timeline, it should be Tsunade-sama..." Sarada followed

"Let's take a bath, we haven't got any since this morning." - Chouchou

They nod in agreement and went to their own room to where they moved the clothes given to them. The others already finished finding theirs so they're outside the house waiting for the other two: Inojin and Mitsuki.

"What's taking them so long?" Sarada asked a bit impatient.

"I'll go take a look..." Mirai, once more, entered the house in search fot the two boys. She found them in their own rooms. "What's wrong, Inojin?"

"Mirai-sensei..." Inojin said with gloom and holds out a stylish shirt and a skirt (like Ino's when she was 12), both hanged by a hanger. "They mistook me for a girl..."

Mitsuki enters Inojin's room since their room are side by side. In his hand is a blue kimono with frills, also hanged by a hanger. "The same goes for me..."

Mirai chuckled. There's no denying that. "It's because of your pale skin complexion. And it's because you had your hair down, Inojin."

Mirai hand them the clothes she borrowed from Boruto's and Chan's.

"Let's go!" Himawari cheered, she grab Chouchou and Sarada's hand. It's the first time she can have an outdoor bath.

"Himawari!" Boruto called to his sister. Himawari let go of the two girl's hand and runs to her brother with a smile on her face.

"Watch out for pervs, okay?" He warned

The little girl tilts her head to the side with a question mark hovering on her head, "What's a 'perv'?"

Boruto mentally slapped himself, "Just keep watch for anyone peeping. Hit him if you ever see one."

Boruto remembered all to well his Father's stories. How he trained under a man named Jiraiya, which he calls 'Pervy Sage', for three years. Since this is the past... well, you know. His hobby. Peeping.

"If a person is peeping on women, knock him out and I'll give him a good beating!"

Himawari nodded in understanding. She knows her brother is protective of her, which she founds cute. Since she's his only little sister.

They went their separate ways. Girls on the other side, while the boys on the other.

The boys were having a plain conversation. On the girl's side, Himawari sat beside Mirai who has a look of worry.

"What's wrong, Mirai-neechan?"

"It's nothing big, Himawari. It's just... this is the past, right? My dad is alive in this timeline. I'm having a battle of actions. The other part of me wants to hug him, but the other is afraid."

"Then, once we all tell them the truth, you can say everything you wanted to him!" Himawari cheerfully said

Mirai smiled and pat the girl's head. "You're family is lucky to have you, Himawari."

Himawari took Mirai's hand that's on her head and put it between her's.

"No, your mother is lucky to have you, Mirai-neechan! You mean everything to her!"

The young woman chuckled at the little girl, "Himawari, why does it seems that your way of thinking is so mature?"

"It does? I'm just saying what's on my mind..."

They met back outside the bath house wearing the clothes from the house their staying in.

"No sign of pervs!" Himawari cheered

The others laughed at her words. Really, she's still on the 'catch-the-perv' look out.

"Let's tour this place, and go home before sun down, and might as well earn some money even if it's just a few." said Mirai, "Meet back at the house, you guys know where this is, right?"

"Hai!"

They went their separate ways. Going in all direction. The Uzumaki siblings; Boruto and Himawari walk off sticking together.

◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇