Chapter 12: PARENTS OF OUR PARENTS

"Tsunade-sama, may I speak with you?"

"Hm, what is it, Mirai?"

"About the people who brought us here... they kidnapped us from home. And, I got this feeling [inside my bones~ it goes electric wavy when I turn in on~] that they will come after us."

"If that's true, then we'll have to tighten the security with the jounins who know of your situation. And... Mirai..."

"Hai...?"

"There's something you're not telling me."

"It's just my opinion, but I'm sure that there's kidnapping us was just a step ahead of their plan."

"So, you're saying that there's more."

"Yes, but it's just an opinion."

"Child, opinion or not, information is a must. Glad you told me."

Mirai bowed, "Glad to be of service, Hokage-sama. I shall take my leave. Please don't tell the children about this. I don't want them to grow wary at everything and worried about it now."

The sound of the click of the door made Tsunade slump in her seat. She grabbed a pen and glared accusingly at the pile of papers laid on the desk. "I need to formulate a plan and at the same time contact the future... if that's even possible." Tsunade scribbled away on the papers mumbling the last part of her sentence. "I should call Shikaku and Shikamaru on this..."

Her eyes sparkled. "Oh yes! Why didn't I think of that sooner?!"

"Neko!"

"Hai, Hokage-sama?"

"Bring Shikaku and Shikamaru Nara to my office. ASAP."

"Roger."

"Now... let's get back to our business."

...Not long after the ANBU left the office...

"T-Tsunade-sama! Tsunade-sama!"

The said Hokage look up with a slight annoyed twitch on her face just in time to see her apprentice and advisor barge in the room looking dishelved.

"What is it, Shizune? I'm a bit busy here, you know." Tsunade gestured at the paperwork. "I need to find some way to send those kids back to their time. That way, their parents could protect them better than we can."

"A...about that, Tsunade-sama..."

"WHAT?!"

Outside the office and the tower, the people who heard the scream were having a sense of dé ja vu.

~Team Seven Training Grounds~

"Nee, Sarada, you do know why Sasuke-kun isn't in the village anymore, right?"

"Hai, Papa told me..."

Sarada knows that her father went rogue on his own village to gain power to kill his own brother by flesh and blood. But there's no way she's going to tell the Cell Seven of the past that her Papa once tried to destroy Konoha; they'll flip. Especially the soon-to-be Lord Seventh Hokage.

"What do you think of it, then?"

"Stupid. It's so stupid. But... I'm glad Lord Seventh manage to knock some sense into Papa. That's why I want to be the next Hokage!"

"Nee, Onii-chan... I'm missing the Granpa of our time..." Himawari said, drawing circles on the ground. Her usual cheerful self tucked away.