Chapter 13: PROTECT

"Oh, you're back."

All occupants in the room shifted their gaze to the new guest that turned out to be a red headed man.

"How did the escort went?"

"I prefer writing symbols right now..." the red head grumbled

"Even knowing you're bad at calligraphy?" The blond raised an eyebrow in amusement, earning some few chuckles from the others in the room.

"Oh, shut up, Naruto."

"I'll take both as a 'yes'. Get some rest, Kurama."

"Will do."

Kurama puffed away in a swirl of smoke. Naruto leaned backwards, letting his back hit against the leather chair. He sighed.

"Hokage-sama, you'll lose your life if you keep sighing like that." Moegi teased, Naruto just shrugged it off playfully before turning serious.

"Speaking of escorts..." Naruto said, "Are you sure about sending Karin instead of yourself..."

"... huh, Orochimaru?"

A shuriken hit the target dead center. "Wow, Metal, you're really good at this!" Tenten exclaimed as she watched the green clad boy handle the star-pointed weapons with ease.

"H-Hai!" Metal flushed

This boy lacks in mental ability, Gai thought. Turning his gaze away from his two student, he made way for the other. "Ah, Neji. Still couldn't get over it?"

"Ah, ie... it's not like I can't get over it... it's just that I..."

"I...?" Gai waited

"Never mind, it's nothing for you to be worried about, Gai-sensei."

'Of course it's something I should be worried about. It's not like you to dwell on things for too long.'

For Team Gai, days passed on just like a routine; just like the others. A month had passed since the children came into their lives. Because of these children, they discovered things about themselves they didn't know about at first.

For someone like Sai who's a soldier trained to kill without sympathy nor emotion, he would never thought about falling in love- hell, he never dreamed ever having a family.

In Ino's case, having given up chasing after Sasuke; never in her life would she fall for someone like Sai. She knows Sai os Sasuke's replacement bit she can't help but marvel about falling for the guy and see him in a different light.

For Sakura, Sasuke falling for her is out of the question; marrying him is beyond her wildest imagination; and having a child with him is a trip in a S-class genjutsu. Nevertheless, she had to admit that if she was still her twelve years old, fangirl self, knowing all of these things is a dream come true. But she wasn't twelve anymore. She had already given up her feelings for the Uchiha... hadn't she?

As confusing as this was for Shikamaru, he couldn't help but think how he fell in love with such a troublesome woman. The same thoughts keeps on replaying in Temari's mind over and over again.

A family. It was Naruto's unsaid dream. A dream he didn't shout out loud to the whole wide world, and a dream no one knew about. It was a dream for himself. And... it came true.

Someone loved him for who he is, that is what Chouji wanted; to have somebody to love and accept him without a second thought is enough for him.

It had been decided from the bottom of their heart. They will do their best, give it their all to protect the children and give them a life far from bloodshed. They now have the resolve to protect. That's all it takes.