Chapter 9

We start off with Woohyun at the tree and Seulbi leaving him behind. Her footsteps are heavy and slow, but she can't stop looking back. She gradually comes to a stop and when asked why she's not coming by Sunbae, Seulbi announces that she can't, she doesn't want to say goodbye. Sunbae tells her that she's already taken the oath and Seulbi hands him the book saying that it is her real oath. She apologizes and tells him that even if she can't be happy or be an angel again, she wants to stay with Woohyun. Sunbae asks if that holds true for if she becomes mortal and disappears forever and Seulbi nods her head.  

Sunbae tells her that she'll regret her decision and Seulbi simply hands the book back thanking him for all he's done. He announces that he's going to forget her and Seulbi can just nod her head before returning back to Woohyun. Sunbae sadly looks on.

Seulbi returns to Woohyun's side underneath the tree. They stay silent but Seulbi begins hitting his shoulder as she begins to cry. She tells him to just cry and they both stay under the tree and cry together. She tells him that she'll stay by his side and won't go anywhere telling him to cry when he wants to. Woohyun lets out all of his pent up tears on her shoulder.

They both walk back together, Seulbi following behind Woohyun

They both walk back together, Seulbi following behind Woohyun. Seulbi enters Woohyun's bedroom that night and sees him calling out telling someone not to leave. She sits by his side and grabs his hand asking if it's okay for her to stay by his side.

She sits alone on the rooftop wondering if she'll never see Sunbae again saying that she would've said a proper goodbye earlier coming to the conclusion that she said goodbye to Sunbae and Grandma

She sits alone on the rooftop wondering if she'll never see Sunbae again saying that she would've said a proper goodbye earlier coming to the conclusion that she said goodbye to Sunbae and Grandma. Seulbi then stands up and waves to the sky wishing both of them well. We see Sunbae looking at her from another rooftop.

It's a new day at school and Coach enters the teacher's lounge where he sees a letter of resignation. He meets with the Director, I presume, and talks about the leave of absence. I thought it was for HT, but maybe not since the Director says that she'll have to find a substitute for the music class then. Okay, maybe it is the HT since she then tells Coach that he'll be the homeroom teacher, catching him off guard.

Both Seulbi and Woohyun's desks are empty and Chunshik stares at them with sadness. Even Sungyeol isn't there, which causes Youngeun to kick Kisoo's desk, and he is still visibly upset, to ask where he is. Since Kisoo is in a bad mood he just tells Youngeun to ask for herself.