Chapter 13

I woke up to my alarm at 7:30 in the morning and quickly shut it off. I groaned a little before turning my head and looking at Derek who was curled up next to me with his arm draped around my waist and his head resting on my chest. I smiled before gently stroking his face with my hand. He slowly opened his eyes and tilted his head to look up at me and smiled.

"Good morning." He said with a raspy voice that I adored so much. I chuckled a little.

"Good morning." I said back. He picked himself up and leaned down to give me a sweet kiss that I returned quickly.

When we pulled away, he flopped back down on the bed and burried his face in my pillows.

"You know you have to get up, right?" I asked amused.

"But I don't feel like it." He groaned. I giggled and leaned over to kiss his shoulder blade before getting up out of the bed.

"I'm gonna go check on Scott." I said. I heard a muffled "okay" in response.

I walled out of my room and down the hallway to Scott's I knocked lightly before opening the door and found Scott putting pictures and strings up on an investigation board. I went and stood next to him, while we both admired his work.

"Trying to release your inner Stiles, I see?" I asked. He nodded.

"I figured that he won't be around as much because of his dad being in hospital and things are still a little...rough between us. So I might as well try and figure things out for myself." He said. I nodded.

"Hey, Scott?" I said, pointing to the string attached to his fingers. "You got a little something left over on you."

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked and his hands, lifting it up to see it himself. He started to try and pull it off.

"Yeah, I don't think that's such a good idea Scott. Maybe you shouldn't pu-"

Too late. With one final yank, he managed to make almost everything fall off of the board.

I covered my mouth to stiffle my laugh but of course he heard it anyway and glared at me.

I let out my laugh and patted his shoulder.

"See what happens when you don't listen to me?" I teased. "Don't worry Scotty, maybe next time."

---

I was currently driving the Cameron with Derek in the passenger seat and Scott in the back. We were on our way to Malia's house to try and convince her to help us.

We got out of the car and knocked on her door. She opened it and came outside.

"You didn't have to come all the way out here." She said, staying by the door.

"You weren't answering our calls." Scott told her.

"Listen, Malia." Derek said. "We really need you right now."

She shook her head. "I can't help you. Not right now."

"What if we told you that you're the only one we've got left?" I said.

"You're not gonna want my help." She said, shaking her head.

"Look," Scott started. "Anything that happened between us-"

"I'm talking about what's going to happen." She interrupted. "Something I'm going to do, and you guys aren't going to like me much after I do it."

"Is that why I hear two other heart beats in there?" Scott asked. "Why yours is beating so fast?"

"Guys, go home." She sighed. "I can't help."

I sighed and grabbed both Derek and Scott's hands and pulled them to the car. We got in and I drove off.