Chapter 15

"Who found them?" Stiles asked his father.

Sheriff Stilinski had given us a call about the discovery of a bunch of dead bodies underground.

"Argent." Sheriff Stilinski answered. "He said the doctors were down there. He also said you guys might know what this thing is."

"We've got a theory." Scott and I said.

"Its a slightly terrifying theory." Stiles added.

"Well the M.E. said the victims were killed somewhere else, and then dumped in those toxins."

"What if the Dread Doctors are hiding the bodies?" Derek asked.

"Why would they do that?" Kira asked.

"Maybe they're covering for it." Stiles guessed. "Protecting it, like a parent would."

"Protecting what ?" The sheriff asked.

"A werewolf." Scott answered.

"Its called the Beast." I said.

"You're not horrified?" Stiles asked.

"We better figure out what we're gonna call Parrish." The Sheriff said. "Because it looks like his dream is coming true."

---

The next day at school was....well.....not normal. There were policemen everywhere carrying shotguns, walking up and down the hallways.

I laced my fingers through Derek's as we walked through the halls in search of Scott.

"By order of the Sheriff, the countywide curfew goes into effect at sundown. All after school activities are cancelled until further notice. Students should go directly home at the end of the school day."

"I found them." I said, pointing to my brother and Stiles, who were talking to a deputy. I tugged Derek forward and we made our way to Scott and Stiles' side.

"You don't think this is a bit much in terms of firepower for a highschool?" Stiles questioned the deputy about his shotgun.

"Your dad's the one who issued us these things, and he wouldn't officially say why." The deputy told him.

"Did he say anything unofficially?" Scott asked.

"No, but everyone's got a theory." The deputy replied.

"What's yours?" Stiles asked him.

"I shouldn't be talking to you guys. Don't you have class?" He said all four of us.

"Honestly, Deputy Blondie, I'm pretty sure that's at the very bottom of our list of shit we should actually give a shit about at the moment." I asked back, raising an eyebrow. "Now tell us you're theory."

His eyes widened a little at my use of vocabulary, but he sighed and decided to talk.

"Do you guys believe in the supernatural?" He asked us. We all shared a look before turning back to him.

"You mean Supernatural, the TV show, or like real life vampires, werewolves, witches and all that other spooky shit supernatural?" I asked. They all just stared at me. "Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood. Continue."

---

Scott and I decided to head down to the tunnels to follow Liam while Derek went with Stiles to see Lydia, and Isaac said he was helping Malia with something.

Scott had been somewhere else in the tunnels while I had been stealthily tailing Liam for the past 15 minutes. Why? I don't know. I got bored and thought it be pretty funny to scare him. Yeah...now that I think about it....maybe it's bad timing....but I've come to far to back out so looks like I'm scaring a little puppy tonight.