One

"I love you, until the end of the line, like we promised all those years ago. I promise that I always have, and that I always will, love you. So, Elizabeth Allison Simmons, would you do me the greatest honor you could and marry me?"

Elizabeth couldn't believe her eyes. Was Steve really down on one knee, proposing to her? She blinked to regain her composure. A wide smile lit up her face as she nodded. 

"Of course!" she whispered happily. Steve returned her wide smile as he slid the gorgeous engagement ring onto her left ring finger.

He stood up and wrapped her in his arms before he lifted her up and twirled her in a circle. Around them, the crowd clapped and cheered for the newly engaged couple. 

"I love you too, Steve." Elizabeth whispered in his ear before he set her back on her feet.

Steve smiled at her before he cupped her cheek and kissed her. The band resumed playing as the two made their way off the stage and towards their friends. As they approached hand in hand, their friends smiled widely at them.

"How long did you guys know?" Elizabeth joked as her and Steve joined the rest of the Avengers. 

"Ever since Tony sent out the invitations." Clint smiled at the two. Elizabeth's jaw dropped as she spun around to face Steve. 

"You've had this planned for months?"

A light blush covered Steve's face as he smiled sheepishly and nodded. 

"I wanted it to be perfect." he admitted quietly. Elizabeth shook her head before she wrapped her arms around Steve's neck. 

"It was perfect. You did amazing." she whispered in his ear as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I assume you two want to get out of here as soon as possible?" Natasha teased the two, throwing a wink in their direction. Both of their faces flushed red as they caught on to her innuendo. 

"Nat!" Elizabeth groaned as she reached over and slapped her arm. Everyone chuckled at their obvious embarrassment and Elizabeth's reaction. 

"You know, it actually doesn't sound like a bad idea." Steve shrugged, looking down at Elizabeth. She rolled her eyes playfully before looking up at her new fiancé. She looked away from him and looked around before nodding.

"Yeah, I'm ready to go." she laughed. Parties were definitely not her thing. They bid their friends goodbye before heading outside the venue to locate a taxi back to the Avengers Tower. It took them a while, but eventually they were seated in the back of a yellow taxi driving through the busy New York streets.

The ride was silent between the two. They didn't want to spoil their night so they sat in silence, Elizabeth's head resting on Steve's shoulder and their hands intertwined. As the taxi rolled to a stop in front of the tower, Steve handed the driver enough money for the ride and a little extra for a tip.

As soon as they were alone in the elevator, they couldn't keep their hands off of each other. The two left articles of clothing in their wake. Steve's overcoat and Elizabeth's shoes were left in the elevator, Steve's shoes were discarded as soon as they stepped through their door.

Steve's shirt lay in the hallway along with his belt. Elizabeth's dress and Steve's pants were left on until they made it to the bedroom. The rest of the night, well, I'm sure you can guess what happened.

~

The next morning, after they had packed and eaten breakfast, Tony drove them back to the airport.

 "Please, let me help plan the wedding! It'll be spectacular!" Tony tried pleading again. 

"No, Tony." Elizabeth refused again, chuckling.