Two

"Come on, Beth. Please come with me on my run today!" Steve begged Elizabeth two years later. Two years ago, at Tony Stark's party, Steve had proposed to Elizabeth. During the time between the party and now, the couple was more focused on getting used to the twenty first century rather than planning their wedding, so they still hadn't planned anything out. Elizabeth glared at him playfully over the top of her coffee mug as she took a sip. She let out a huff as she set the mug back on the table. 

"Fine. But I'm not doing any running." she gave in eventually. Steve let out a little cheer before kissing her cheek and wrapping his arms around her. 

"Let me change." Elizabeth chuckled before pushing Steve off of her and walking up to their room. She shrugged out of her pajamas once she chose her outfit. She then changed into a deep green t-shirt and dark wash skinny jeans. She then slipped on light brown sandals and a gold arrowhead necklace before grabbing a pair of sunglasses and meeting Steve downstairs in the foyer. 

"I grabbed the book you've been reading from the coffee table. Figured you'd want to read some while I was running." Steve told her before politely handing her the book.

"Thank you babe." she hummed and took it from him, kissing his cheek lightly as she pulled away. Their house was very close to the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool, where Steve liked to do his runs, so the two walked hand in hand to their destination.

Once they reached the front of the Lincoln Memorial, Steve kissed Elizabeth's cheek before taking off in a light jog, at least it was a light jog for Steve. Elizabeth watched his form become smaller in the distance before she took a seat on the Lincoln Memorial steps to read. 

She looked up occasionally and soon spotted another man who was jogging around the Reflection Pool, like Steve. They were still quite a ways away, but she could still see Steve steadily gaining on the other man. Steve whipped around the corner, and as he passed Elizabeth, he shot her a smile and waved at her.

She shook her head slightly before smiling back and waving. She continued to read her book and by the time the second jogging man was running past her spot on the steps, Steve was already gaining on him for a second time. 

"Don't say it! Don't you say it!" the man warned as Steve approached him. Steve grinned wickedly at Elizabeth. 

"On your left!" he replied as he shot past him on his left side. 

"Come on!" the man shouted after Steve's quickly receding form. Elizabeth let out a small laugh as she watched the man run faster to try and catch up, but gave up after a few seconds.

It continued like this until Elizabeth saw the second man walk off through the park. Steve finished his lap and approached Elizabeth, who had noticed him approaching and had bookmarked her spot. 

"That poor man." Elizabeth teased as she walked down the steps to Steve. He rolled his eyes at her before he planted a light kiss on her lips. 

"Come on. Let's go home." Steve chuckled before intertwining their hands and leading them through the park. Elizabeth saw the man from earlier and nudged Steve's shoulder. 

"Let's go introduce ourselves. Tony's always saying that we need to make more friends closer to home."

Steve looked down at her for a moment before nodding. 

"Need a medic?" Steve teased him as they approached the man, who had just sat down on the ground against a tree to catch his breath. Elizabeth elbowed Steve sharply in the ribs and glared at him. The man didn't seem to care, however. 

"I need a new set of lungs. Dude, you just ran like thirteen miles in thirty minutes!" the man exclaimed. 

"I guess I got a late start." Steve chuckled.