Chapter 3

(Lydia's POV)

Wow. I've been waiting so long for this.  For.. Someone to find out.. For someone to care enough to help me stop it. For years I've been silently screaming for help. Maybe i slit my wrist for that attention. I know i didn't want to die. I actually felt wanted for once. I guess i just wanted someone to hear how serious my cry for help is. It wasn't easy growing up in world war III before my mother died. I use to have to watch him beat the life out of her.. More than once. Imagine how much that hurts.. She must have felt so humiliated..

If the past makes us who we are today.. What has it made me? What will it make me? I always wondered who i would marry, or if i would be around for that long.. but my mother, she wanted me to live. I know there must be a reason for that. She wouldn't make me go back for no reason. It felt so good to see her again. I just wish i could have held her in my arms.. She is a lot smaller than me, taller but really thin, I'm more chubbier.. I hate it.

And then BOOM. The worst part of not being able to move without feeling hopelessly tired sets in: I need the bathroom.

Its really late at night and I've been in the hospital for a night and a day? No just a day.. I'm not too sure. Either way Chandler hasn't came to see me. I look up to my right and see that i have a fresh new bag of blood.. Someone donated? It was probably my father.. No I'm apparently not aloud to see him.. Not until i get a 'psych' evaluation'. I don't want to lie.. but i don't want to tell the truth..

"Ly-Lydia Kapus- Kapisky- no, Kapousky?" Some un-educated nurse asks me. Like did you go to Hogwarts and not learn English? I know its not a common last name, but its not hard to pronounce.

"Yeah?" 

"I'm the night nurse, ill be checking on you every 2 hours, if you need anything just page me" She smiles and starts to head out. Did i say i was finished with you? No.

"Actually, i need to go to the bathroom" i say very loud, just so I can make her stop.

She stops and ponders for a moment. "I'm not suppose to do this.. But this boy has been asking for you all night.." She looks outside my room in the hallways "And i don't see any wheelchairs around.. And you definitely can't walk there" She takes a quick look at herself "And i have no upper body strength what-so-ever, so i guess he'll have to escort you" She gives a sort of evil smile. Never mind! I like her now.

"That would be the right thing to do" I add an evil smile at the end, just so she knows we're on the same page.

She walks out of the door and returns moments later with Chandler. She must have explained to him on the walk to my room the plan, because she immediately started unhooking me from wires without a peep.

When she was finished she gave us a wink "No trouble, alright?" And she left the room.

Chandler pulled of the blanket covers and picked me up Bridal-style. From all this carrying me around, i assume he has some major back problems. It's kinda awkward because my hospital gown ties up at the back so my butt is exposed a little..

I pull my arms around his neck and he starts to carry me out of the room. "What are you still doing here?" Like seriously. I don't need a play by play. But.... I kinda like it.

"You have no one here for you. I didn't want you to be all alone.. In a hospital" Aww how cute. He had massive bags under his eyes.

He walks in silence for a moment.

He's still acting mad.. or something of the nature. " Fine. My father, he.. hurts me sometimes. Tomorrow ill tell the psych all about it at they'll put me in foster care. Happy?" I yell. A little too loud..

"I just don't know why you didn't tell me" He won't even look at me. Oh yeah because it's my fault my father hurts me.. No.

"Hey i just met you and my father beats the living shit out of me, lets run away and live happily ever after with unicorns and magic rainbows" I roll my eyes.

"I'm acting ridiculous, arn't I?" 

"You don't say?" My sarcasm is through the roof.

"I'm sorry. I'm just a little shook up" Chandler says shaking his head.

"Aren't we all.." I swear to god if we don't reach the damn bathroom soon I'm going to piss on him.

Chandler lets me down easily in front of the bathroom. "Are you okay for now?"

"Yeah" I say and enter the bathroom.

I finnish and wash my hands. When i open the door to exit the bathroom, i trip over the board on the floor where the door sits on when its closed, but Chandler catches me. I look deep into his eyes, shocked.. He leans in and we kiss passionately.

HAHAHAHA! JUST KIDDING!

What actually happens is i fall flat on my face with a loud PLACK on the squeaky floor. Chandler laughs at me for a minute then helps me up. 

"What an idiot" I say to myself out loud when he picks me up.

Chandler turns around and starts walking back to my room. "I'm sorry, but that was funny.. No it was hilarious!"

"Asshole" I tease him.

"Shh you know you love me" He whispers, still smirking.

But seriously, it hurt my face. 

"Chandler?" Here it goes, here's the big question.

"Mhm?" 

"Why me?" I'm not sure if he's going to exactly understand what i mean, but lets just see what he comes up with.

"Well.. Your different. Your not like the other 'barbie dolls' as you called them on the first day we met" He smiles. 

"Okay." That was all i could think of, but i was definitely smiling, and so was he.

When we reached my room, Chandler put me back into my bed and tucked me in. "You need rest. Tomorrow's meeting with the psych will probably stress you, so you should be well rested." Its cute how he cares. 

I smile and and nod, i was too tired to actually respond. He lifts up my bangs from my forehead and presses his lips against my skin. wait whaaaaaat? Did that actually happen? 

"Night" He calls before leaving my room.

I smile to myself. Things are actually getting better. So what is life going to do to screw it up this time?

***************************************************************************************************************Thank you sooooo much for reading! Don't forget to vote and leave awesome comments! <3 Lydia will be meeting the psych next chapter, but I'm warning you now the chapter will be based on thing so it might be a little slow. Either way A BIG surprise for chapter 5! :):)