~CHAPTER 7~

Glow awoke to find Corona prodding her awake. "Come on, Glow. It's time to go. Destiny's calling you." She whispered. 

       Glow slumped out of her sleeping cave and stretched her wings groggily. She let out a big yawn and shook herself awake. "Is another NightWing named Destiny here to stick me in another prophecy? Tell her no thanks for me." She joked, smiling a toothy grin at the small SandWing, who promptly elbowed her.

       "I thought you hated puns." Corona pointed out.

       Glow rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Well, first of all, that was a joke, not a pun. Jokes take effort." She started with her most obnoxious sounding voice she could muster.

       Corona looked at her, offended. "I'll have you know, I put very hard work into my puns! You don't tell such quality knee-slappers of such caliber without the proper brain and skills needed." The small dragon echoed in an equally obnoxious tone.

       "And second of all, I hate YOUR jokes." Glow clarified. "I would hesitate to call them 'knee-slappers.' More like 'groan-inducers.'" The red dragon answered, enunciating every vowel and consonant with annoying precision.

       Corona laughed. "You're just jealous that you'll never have the wit and sense of humour that I do." She said with a sly grin. 

       Glow scoffed at her and playfully shoved her with her wing. "As if. You only wish." She said as Corona walked out in front of her. She toddled out behind Corona out into the main hall, dragging her pack with her.

       Frigga was putting some last minute things in her bag while Kite was slumping around. That's weird. Normally he would be jumping for joy now that we're finally on our way to pretty much save the world. What was wrong? While Glow continued to worry for the small SkyWing, she simply greeted Frigga like she usually did. "Morning, master." She said, her morning voice cracking with dreariness.

       Frigga merely handed her a pack, just like the one she gave Corona. "I have a sneaking suspicion that this will come useful to you, young SkyWing of destiny." She said hesitantly, as if she was getting used to the taste of Glow's newfound title. Glow looked at her puzzled and opened the pack. Inside was a pair of metal talons that appeared to be meant to be worn. "It's adjustable, so don't worry about it not fitting."

       Glow fitted her talons inside the metal contraption, and found that it was rather comfortable. The inside was lined and bound with leather, and it was rather soft. The iron claws were sharpened blades and tough to damage. Fits perfectly. "I...Thank you, master. But what are these for?" She asked curiously. Frigga merely smiled at her.

       "It's to protect and defend yourself. Fire is not your only method of attack. Use them wisely, Glow." She answered. Kite was still unusually quiet, but Glow assumed he was just tired from waking up so early. At least, she hoped that was the only reason. After all, it wasn't even sunrise yet and only the slightest light was peeking over the horizon.

       "When do we leave, Frigga?" Evenstar called from afar. Frigga nodded to him.

       "After we have a light breakfast." She paused her face lighting up with realization. "Which reminds me–bring food with you before we leave. And, furthermore, pack anything else you might need last minute before we go. You'd best do that now, in fact." She instructed.

       Glow went over everything in her luggage, packing a bit more merchandise for trading and selling and packing some bundles of goat meat with her. She tied everything together with multiple threads of leather multiple times to make sure it would stay together. Glow walked back out into the main room. "How long will this trip take us?" She asked.