~CHAPTER 11~

Glow was having a hard time sleeping. She woke up to see a steaming bright tail slink by the doorway. Glow found it very odd, but decided to investigate. Her iron talons clicked loudly against the stone, so she decided to take them off to do some sneaking around. Everyone was sleeping incredibly soundly (even Corona, which Glow found incredibly odd) so it wasn't too difficult to slip quietly outside without them noticing.

       When she poked her head outside, she saw the figure of a SkyWing, about her age it looked, sneaking down the stairs and leaving a trail of steam to the main hall where they arrived the other day. Her scales glowed like torches in the hallway. It was almost iridescent. Glow followed the SkyWing downstairs to the main hall. Her drowsy mind dulled her attention span so she didn't notice that she almost bumped into the SkyWing on the way down. She was only snapped out of her groggy illusion by the SkyWing surprising her. "Hey! Who are you and why are you following me!?" Glow jumped back in surprise as she stood in the presence of the strange SkyWing before her. Her scales were a bright almost glowing copper and there was steam radiating out of her scales. Her eyes were striking. They were an eerie blue colour, like the hottest part of a flame like Frigga showed her once. She even felt that warm, not like Corona, but far hotter. Not that she really minded.

       To her relief, the SkyWing didn't really look angry as much as surprised, though that might just be the sleep deprivation getting to her. In a second, the SkyWing put on a peppy face and stood proud. "Well, anyway. My name's Peril!" She said chipper. She smiled bright but Glow didn't really know how to react. Peril tilted her head to the side inquisitively. "What's your name?" Glow wasn't really sure whether she should answer or just play dead. "Come on, I won't bite. Hopefully!" She piped up.

       Glow had a double take. What an odd thing to say to someone you just met. Finally, she  swallowed the lump in her throat and answered. "H-hi, I'm uh...My name is Glow. I'm the IceWing's apprentice." Peril looked confused and almost unimpressed. "The IceWing that Scarlet was talking to today." Glow clarified. Peril eyes flashed open in realization.

       "Oh, THAT IceWing! I've seen her! Didn't really talk to her, but she seemed really cool. Not quite blazing, but still pretty cool!" Glow cocked her head to the side confusedly. She's really weird, not sure if I'm comfortable with her yet.

       "Um..." She said uncomfortably. Peril stalked around Glow, observing her and scanning her figure. Glow's scales were crawling uncomfortably.

       "You look my age." When Peril was back to looking Glow in the face, her facial expression was completely different, as if she suddenly lost whatever emotion she was feeling at the moment. She looked her up and down and whispered threateningly. "How old are you exactly?" She said in a monotone voice. Glow didn't really respond before Peril's chipper expression returned. "Well, I guess it doesn't matter anyway." She paused and her expression looked forlorn. "Her Majesty never really let me talk to or hang out with any other dragonets my age anyways."

       Glow felt more interested than sympathetic in Peril. She clearly has a special connection to the queen, which means that she might have some valuable information. "So, are you one of the queen's daughters or something?" Glow asked. Peril looked surprised and then nervously scratched behind her head with a chuckle.

       "Great fireballs, no." She paused, her lonely expression returning again. "She raised me since I hatched. My mother was going to kill me for accidentally killing my brother when I hatched, so Queen Scarlet killed her and saved me." She looked back at Glow and gave the kind of smile that Corona gave Glow whenever she was trying to hide when she was upset. "She's all I really have, but that's okay." She said simply.