~CHAPTER 27~

Cinnabar roughly thrashed Glow so that she was facing in the direction of the queen as she fluttered delicately to her balcony perch. Corona was thrust right next to her face-down and held down by the two SkyWing guards.

       "I hope this has been a lesson to any other dragons who were thinking of teaching my champion bad habits." Scarlet said, glaring around the arena.

       "Too late," Corona sneered. "We've already taken care of that." She spat at the evil queen in front of her.

       "He's not dead!" Peril cried, clawing at the sand.

       "He will be soon." Scarlet waved a dismissive talon. "Now. I won't argue with the Champion's Shield. The champion has asked to stand for the prisoner. I will choose her opponent, and they will battle at the end of the games tomorrow. If she wins, Kestrel goes free. If not, well, I'll have a dead champion, but at least we'll get to execute Kestrel right afterward." Glow glared at the queen from underneath Cinnabar's talons. "All in all, a wonderfully bloody day for me and Queen Burn to look forward to." Scarlet said with a malevolent grin.

       Glow hissed at the title of Queen Burn. "Burn will never be queen!" Glow howled, met with a smash from Cinnabar. Her jaw was beginning to hurt, but she didn't care. I've already gotten myself here, what do I have left to lose?

       Scarlet leaned down and glared at them. "And why is that, SkyWing?" she asked threateningly.

       "Don't answer, maggot!" Cinnabar snarled.

       Glow ignored her. "Because if she's anything like you, the SandWings will have a better queen than that brute! W – the dragonets of destiny will never choose her as their queen. The SandWings deserve better than that!" She growled.

       Cinnabar smashed her face into the sand again and Glow could feel the sand in her left eye shifting around painfully. "I said QUIET, TRAITOR!" Cinnabar roared.

       Scarlet waved her talon at her. "At ease, general. I rather enjoy her feeble attempts at struggling." Scarlet cooed.

       Glow's blood turned to ice. General? "I thought she was a captain." Corona asked bewildered.

       Scarlet grinned. "Oh, she was. Until I discovered that my General of the Army has also betrayed me." Oh no! One-Eye! "He was accused of being in possession of contraband, so while I was investigating, I decided to arrest him." Glow shuddered. The scrolls! Zinc's scrolls! "I didn't find anything, but I was wanting to throw him out for a while anyways, so I threw him in prison with Kestrel, and promoted dear Cinnabar to General of the Army." She explained excitedly. This is my fault, too. Glow felt like the most shameful creature to ever crawl out of Pyrrhia. I put so many innocent dragons in danger. Everyone I was trying to protect is now in danger, all because of me. "Speaking of which, his trial will take place after my Hatching Day celebration."

       Glow felt her limbs tremble with fear over the state of Kite and Evenstar. Now that this had happened, what was she going to do with them? She couldn't trust that she wasn't going to harm them or keep them safe. I should've just stayed put. "Another thing, Glow." Scarlet chimed. "Because of your very recent treason, the deal we had for the SandWing of destiny is off. Tomorrow I'll give her to Burn and she'll become a thrilling part of her weirdling collection."

       Glow roared, thoughts of Sunny stuffed and hanging with the other dead dragons in her collection were filling her with rage. She tried throwing Cinnabar off of her, but her grip was too tight. She finally managed to buck her off her back legs and strike her face with her tail.