XII. Park in L.A.

Abby and Luke are sitting on a rock. Cece is standing and Scott is standing, wearing headphones, listening to music. Abby and Luke are smoking. 

Luke: Have you done anything so far, Cece? 

Cece: What do you mean, Luke?

Scott hands Cece a bottle of beer and she drinks a bit of it.

Luke: I mean, did you start writing, working or whatever you have to do for that contest?

Cece(laughing): No. 

Abby: I like you! (says to Cece)

Cece: Thank you, I like myself too. (smiles)

Abby: You look better wearing tight clothes, not wearing glasses and a ponytail, wearing make up. I feel like I did a great job. (hands Cece her cigarette) 

Cece(smoking): You did! (winks)

Luke: So, when's the contest? 

Cece: Um, this week?(says confused) No, it's on Monday. 

Luke: And are you gonna be preparing for it? 

Cece shrugs. 

Scott: Can I be honest ? 

Abby: Yes, of course. 

Scott: Cece.

Cece looks at Scott. 

Scott: You know you won't win, right? So I think you shouldn't make much efforts for it. 

Abby: Yea, I was bored last night and I read your stories and I don't think they are so great, they seem to be boring. I mean they are good, but not the greatest. How many teenagers take part in...? 

Cece: 200. 

Abby: Yea, see, 200, you can't be the best of all...

Cece: I know (look down)

Luke: Do you really think you can make a living from them ?

Cece: No...they are just a hobby(bites her lips nervously) I want to work in an office. (looks down, sad)

Luke: Sounds good. 

Cece sighs. 

Scott: Hey, Luke, aren't your parents gone today?

Luke: Yea, they are at my grandpa's but my sister's at home.

Abby: And do you think she will tell anyone that we came? She's only 5 years-old. 

Luke: You don't know her. 

Abby: You're her older brother, she must listen to you. Let's go to your house.