Chapter 2

Okay, so after thinking for a VERY long time, I decided to name the maid, Liqiu, which means beautiful autumn (thank you 2000-names.com)

Despite the cold look Liu Yue was giving her ninth little sister, Meng Qing Qing, she is quite stupid to be oblivious to it. Liu Yue sighed in her heart as to saying that the former Liu Yue is quite useless. She then smiled at Qing Qing and asked, "Is there anything else Qing Qing needed to talk about?" Qing Qing was quiet for a while then nodded, "I do remember something about father asking to meet you..." Liu Yue smiled coldly in her heart. According to the former's memories, her father was especially cold to this eldest daughter. So unless something important has occurred, he would never ask for her, not to mention that he asked one of his favored daughters to ask for her. 

Liu Yue helplessly smiled, giving a look that is quite pitiful. She said with much "pain", "Sorry to trouble ninth little sister, but may you please tell father that I am feeling a bit tired, and I cannot see him at the moment. Qing Qing sized her eldest sister and saw that Liu Yue was indeed quite pale. However, in the past, her useless older sister would never turn down a meeting with their father. Qing Qing, though, had no choice but to oblige in order to give face to this sister. 

After Qing Qing left, Liu Yue let out a breath of relief. Her face turned rosy pink, a healthy color on a pale skin tone like hers. As a mercenary, this kind of task is of no big deal. Their are times when she can change her entire appearance that even Jean wouldn't even notice her even if they pass each other in the streets. -Wait! Why did she suddenly think of Jean? He isn't even here anymore. Then she felt a trickle of tear flowing on her face. Sh*t! I can't be soft hearted! Not now! 

Liu Yue quickly composed herself, trying to process the information from her memories. She can't afford being mistaken as a fraud and be executed afterwards. 

The sky was darker now and Liu Yue didn't notice the time until the maid from before brought her, her dinner. As the maid diligently, Liu Yue couldn't help but feel a little bit thankful. The food were considerate for a miss of a family who has yet to wed. Liu Yue smiled sweetly and asked, "What is your name?" The maid was startled at the first miss' question. In the past, she (the maid) was always ignored, but today, the miss had actually initiated to talk her her first. "L-Liqiu..." 

Liu Yue smiled at the maid's bashfulness. Despite being quite diligent in her work, this maid is actually quite bashful. "Liqiu, you'll be my personal maid from now on."

Liqiu was stunned and tried to object, saying that she already had a personal maid. However, before she had the chance to finish, Liu Yue said with a hint of coldness, "I said that you'll be my personal maid from now on. Are there any servants who would like to object towards what I want?" 

The maid did not answer, so Liu Yue took that as no objections. Then she smiled sweetly again and said, "Good, since no one wants to object, then there are no problems. You'll be my personal maid from now on." Liqiu nodded happily. 

There was actually another reason why Liu Yue wanted Liqiu to be her personal maid. Apparently, Liqiu was unlike the other maids that were either sent by her father or any other consorts, but sent by her mother's family. 

Her paternal family is particularly cold towards Liu Yue, completely different from her maternal side. Her maternal side of the family actually holds a bit of power, as her uncle is the Prime minister of the Left, the opposite of the Prime minister of the right, which the Tigress Family's patriarch is working as; a.k.a. her father. The Prime Minister of the Left is managed by the patriarch of the Dome Family, her uncle. On the surface, the two family were calm with each other. However, underneath, they hated each other's guts, like how the previous generations of the prime ministers were like.