Chapter 12

The next morning, the Li family members have gathered on the outskirts of the town along. In front of them were the Blood Brother Mercenary Leader, Zhen Sheng and Ting Feng whom the rest don't know excluding Liu Yue.

Zhen Sheng looked at the sky and determined the time, "Ok, anyone who is not here will be blamed for not being punctual." He took out a map, "My brothers scouted the surrounding areas and determined three of the routes are safe."

Patriarch Li interrupted him and said, "The route from last time was practical and faster. We could just take that route." Zhen Sheng smiled and said, "We could, but the route you took last time, Patriarch Li, is rather dangerous. Last time, how many men did you lose?"

"Ten."

"And how many did you take?" Patriarch looked down and said, "Twenty."

Zhen Sheng then continued and said, "Yes, about half died. Although that is not a big number, but they all had some sort of martial skills, no? It is better to be precautious. The ruins will not move anyways."

Patriarch Li nodded. Liu Yue looked nonchalantly at him, but inside she thought, "This guy do have some skills."

Zhen Sheng then asked her group, "What do you think?" Qian Lan, seeing that his brothers were in no mood to speak, spoke, "Gentleman Zhen makes a rather good point. Although we all have martial skills, it's better to be safe than sorry. As the saying goes, haste makes waste."

Zhen Sheng smiled inside, his Little Moon sure knows who to befriend. "Ok, we set off."

。。。。。

"In this path, the road splits into two, remember that we must take the left road." Zhen Sheng emphasised the word, left. Liu Yue stared at the road and for the first time on this trip, she spoke, "Zhen Sheng, obviously there will be some people who forget which one's which. Mark the trees." Patriarch Li and the rest, excluding Qian Lan and Lin Xiu, gaped at how Liu Yue approached Zhen Sheng. This is the leader of the Blood Brother Mercenary's leader, ok? He's not just someone you order around.

"L-leader Zhen, ignore this scholar, we just hired them and..." Before Patriarch Li could finish, Zhen Sheng unexpectedly smiled and said, "Yi Xuan is very smart. Ting Feng, do exactly as what Yi Xuan said." Ting Feng sighed helplessly. The night before, Zhen Sheng informed him that Meng Liu Yue would be here. No one informed him that the little girl would be dressed as a guy. Moreover, he is still being treated as a servant! What did he come here to do? Do whatever the little girl wanted?

Ting Feng, however, on Zhen Sheng's order, could not refute. He marked the tree with the character, blood (血). "Alright, we continue." Zhen Sheng continued to lead them.

It was almost nightfall when Zhen Sheng informed them that they will camp out tonight. Patriarch Li expected this since last time, it took them about 3 nights to get there. They'll be taking a longer route this time, of course, they will camp out.

。。。。。

Zhen Sheng was looking at the map, his profile looked like an artwork carved by the gods. He suddenly smiled and said, "I've been waiting for you... my little moon." Liu Yue glared at him and said, "I'm not yours." She was dressed normally this time, without her makeup. From her slightly damp hair, Zhen Sheng concluded that she just took a bath. If she was a beautiful man in the afternoon, now, she is an alluring fairy.

Zhen Sheng chuckled, "I'm sure that would change sooner or later, anyways, I'm guessing that the reason why you're here is because you want to know more about martial arts, no?" Liu Yue's face darkened when she heard the first part and her mood became slightly better only when she heard the rest of his sentence. "You're not that simple, aren't you?"