Chapter: Ten

"We found her!"   

     " We found her!"   

The middle aged man scurried quickly through the twisted marble hallways. A small roll of paper clutched tightly in his hands .
He entered a large throne room filled with marble, gold and silver.       
A place where laughter use to dwell and parties lasted to the early hours. Where a king and his queen once watched from their gold thrones down at their people.  A place now cold and dark, the elegant glow now vanished and forgotten.         
Thick layers of dust laid untouched on the dull gold throne to the left. Beside the throne sat a broken queen. Dressed nicely in grief.  Her fair hair lightly tinted with age.
Though the queen looked innocent, she was quite the opposite.  Tales of her cruelty whispered throughout the enchanted forest.
" What gibberish do you speak of now, old man?"
The man swallows his fear and hands the paper to his queen.
" The lost princess we found her."
The queen snatched the rolled paper and opened it quickly. A drawing of a young girl with curly brown hair and green eyes.
Familiarity struck the queen.

" Well done. Well done indeed."
The queen stood from her throne and began to exit the room.
" Now tell me, my pet. Where is she? Where is my daughter?"
" She- she's in Neverland, your highness." Light sparked in the queens dark eyes.
" Off to Neverland."
***
Willows POV•
      Deep breath.
      Inhale. Exhale.
         Steady.
      Release.
    I release the bow sting, it's arrows feathers lightly cutting my cheek.
    I watch as my arrow slicing through the air to its destination.
    The sickening yet satisfying sound of meat fills my ears. I jump from my crouched position and run to the wounded animal. A doe.
     I produce my dagger, and bring it to the animals neck.
       " Thank you." I whispered to the animal then put it out of its misery.
    This doe will feed us for a week tops. I pick her up and weigh her one my shoulders.
      Half way back to camp I sense another presence.
      " Come out." I whip my bow out and scan the area around me.
      " Well if it isn't Pans toy." I whirl around to find Lane leaning against one of trees.
     Two large scars marked his face.
     " Your face..."
   He chuckled " Oh these? Yeah your boyfriend did this to me right before he banished me."
       " I'm so sorry, I didn't know-"  Lane charged at me grabbing my neck and pushing me into a nearby tree.
      " Don't you dare act innocent. You are just like her you know? Sneaky sneaky sneaky."
      I gulp hard. " Who?"
   This makes him laugh loudly.
       " He didn't tell you did he?!"
             My face remains  blank.
        " Did you really think that you were the first girl to come to this island?"  He pauses.
         " No, there's been many here before. All of them fell helplessly for Pan, but he never cared for any of them. He would kill them after he got what he wanted from them. You. Are no different."
I growl. " You lie."
" Do I? You are only a toy  to him, nothing more." He release me.
" Now run along little girl."
        " What was the point of this conversation? Was this suppose to scare me? Well I'm far from afraid.."
    Lane burst into laughter.
  " Not a threat, but a warning."
         " Until next time, lost girl."
I watch as Lane returns back into the thick vegetation of the woods.
     ***
When I reach the camp I lay the deer beside the fire so the boys could clean it.
" Ah, there's my favorite lost girl." Pans voice said happily behind me.
Lane words echoed in my head.
" I am not your lost girl." I snap.
" Um, yes you are..." I whirl around and look Pan in the eyes.
" I belong to nobody. Not even you, Pan."
Anger rises in his eyes.
" Listen here girl. This is my island. Everything on this island is mine. You are mine and only mine."
I glare at him. "In your dreams!" I turn and run back into the forest to blow off some steam.
I can't believe Lane was right...
                        ***
Pan's POV