Chapter 4

Flashing lights and billboards way too bright that caused my eyes to hurt. My glasses weren't on my face, making my vision fuzzy. Shapes became indistinct blurbs unless they were perched on my nose. A face was above me, but I couldn't make out who he was. Or what he was.

"She's up," the figure growled, shoving me on top of someone else. I clung to this new person, hoping that it was someone that wasn't trying to kill me. I had to be useful to them some way.

"Kathleen Ellen Fisk," a familiar voice purred in my ear, his voice like honey, "here I was thinking that you didn't like me."

"You," I glared at Richard Jacobs, my new sworn enemy due to the kidnapping, "what are you doing here?"

"Oh, you know, hanging out with my family. When people said that you were clingy, I didn't know that you literally were clingy..." He smiled, and politely detached my hands from his arms, causing me to slid onto the seat next to him.

"Hey brother, when you're done flirting with our prisoner of war, can you tell us why she is here." The driver requested, sliding his hands along the wheel.

"She can see them." Richard replied simply. My vision was still fuzzy, but I could clearly see that all of the Jacobs, minus Richard, opened their eyes wide.

"You're kidding. She doesn't see them."

"This isn't something to joke about. You could get her hurt."

"Richard, tell me you're lying, or crazy."

"If you're trying to protect your girlfriend, then you're doing a bad job of it." Each Jacob found a way to criticize their brother, totally abandoning the fact that I was in the car as well.

"SHE'S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND! Okay?!" Richard exclaimed sternly. Something in his eyes put me off, as if he didn't totally believe what he was saying. His golden eyes locked onto mine for a split second before he sighed. His hood fell back to reveal a messy mane of raven hair. He bit his lip as his brothers shared a 'yeah right' look with each other. A silence fell. It was the first time that a silence fell that made me question what really was happening to me. This silence was like one heard after an argument or a slammed door. It felt like poison to me, slowly killing me as I gazed at the Jacob Brothers. Richard bit the corner of his mouth, likely waiting for someone to say something. If the silence was a bit of arsenic to me, then it must be like a fistful of nightshade to him. "So, what's your name?" The driver asked slowly.

"Kathrine Ellen Fisk," I replied, "am I allowed to know yours? Or must I call you Brothers Jacob forever?"

"Like the Grimm Brothers?" The passenger asked me, his voice rising slightly at the mention of Grimm.

"Yes exactly! Finally someone else in the world understands my references." I replied, smiling at the brother who beamed back in response to my praise.

"My life sucks." The brother next to me muttered.

"Why's that? Full moon have you under it's spell?" I asked innocently. Immediately all of the brothers, including Richard, glared at me.

"Did you tell her?" He growled at Richard, his voice revealing anger and betrayal.

"No! I told you guys that she has a 6th sense and none of you idiots believe me! She knew that I saw them! I didn't even say anything!" Richard defended himself.

"Wait, you aren't actually a werewolf right?" I said slowly, fear making my eyes wide. The full moon was tonight...

"Just shut up and if you tell anyone, you'll be dead before you know it." He barked at me. There was no way I was going to disobey someone I just met, let alone a werewolf. The werewolf ran his hand through his hair, muttering something I couldn't make out under his breath.

"So, this is fun. Bet you can't guess what I am!" the passenger exclaimed with fake enthusiasm.

"Where do we even turn?!" The driver complained, banging the wheel.

"Oh, you missed your turn 3 light ago," Richard commended lightly, "you were busy accusing Kathrine Ellen Fisk of being my girlfriend."

"You could have told me that before I missed it!" The car sped to meet the light, performed a dangerous U-turn, nearly causing a car crash that could have easily gotten us all killed. Instead, everyone had the privilege of getting thrown to the right. The car straightened out after getting honked at by a yellow compact car. I, who had been wearing no seat belt, was on nearly sitting on top of Richard.

"I give up," I moaned into his shoulder, "I'll just stay where I am." He laughed lightly, causing his brothers to look at us.

"Invite me to the wedding!" The werewolf mentioned.

"If I have a wedding, then it will be a disaster. My eyes ruin everything one way or another." I groaned into Richard's sweatshirt while he gingerly patted my back.

"Don't get any tears on his sweatshirt, mom just washed that. She already will be cross with us, and there is no need for you to make it worse." The driver advised. A few minutes passed and we pulled up in front of a bookstore.

"Spectortome." I read.

"Home sweet home, come on, we don't bite." The driver said laughing as he cut the engine and unbuckled his seat belt. The Jacobs got out of the car and ran inside. Even without knowing them, you could guess that they were brothers. All had dark hair and lighter eyes, though each likely had a secret. I was left alone with the werewolf.

"I bite," he informed, snapping at me and baring his teeth.

"Keep that up and I might actually pet you." I said, getting out of the car and running in the bookstore, the last brother on my heels.

"Slow down Caleb! Just because you don't feel good doesn't mean that you should go insane!" A motherly voice said as I dodged behind a bookshelf containing Shakespearean era works just as Caleb sprinted in.

"Mother, it's not fair! Richard's girlfriend threatened to pet me! She's worse than all of them combined! Honestly, you have to punish her!" Caleb complained.

"I didn't threaten," I popped out from my spot, choosing the eldest as a good cover next, "it was a promise I plan to carry out. Now, if you were a good boy, we wouldn't have this problem." The brothers laughed while Caleb gave his mother a 'this is exactly what I'm talking about' look. His mother was a little bit shorter than the eldest Jacob, with flowing brown hair ending mid back.

"You have to admit, she kind of does belong in this family." Mrs. Jacob said with a knowing look in her eyes. Only, she wasn't Mrs. Jacob to me.

She was Mrs. Shultz.