Seasons of Love

Lynn
New Years Eve

New Years Eve, 1989 going on 1990. Everyone was standing in front of a TV in front of a store in a window, watching the ball drop. I was with Alexa, Steven with Max, Sarah with Hayley, and well, Brendon had his camera.

Alexa, Hayley, and Steven had bottles of champagne ready to pop when the clock turned midnight. The countdown from ten started, and everybody was shouting numbers.

"Five! Four! Three! Two! One!"

The corks on the champagne bottles popped into the air, and kisses were being exchanged all around. I gave my first kiss to Max, and I went and gave everyone else a kiss on the cheek, and saved the best for last. Alexa. I gripped her waist and pulled her into an intense kiss. Everyone still said aweh whenever we kissed and they saw us. I don't blame them though, this is the first time Steven, Brendon, and Sarah have seen me really happy in a long time. Alexa is probably one of the best things to ever happen to me. I love her so much.

Brendon started filming us walking back to our apartment, and asking for our New Year's Revolutions.

"Alexa! Alexa! Hey, Alexa, tell me one of your new year's revolutions!"

"I'm giving up my vices. I'm going back to school."

"Oh, that's very good. Lynn, how about you?"

"Finish a song."

"Yeah, maybe this year?"

I flipped him off, and he said to us he'll catch up, he was gonna walk with Sarah and Hayley.

Brendon

New Years Eve was one of my favorite holidays. Everyone was here. Everyone was happy. We could ignore all of our problems for just one night.

I was walking with Hayley and Sarah, Hayley chugging on the bottle of champagne she had while walking with us.

"Oh, hey! I heard you got a job offer!" said Sarah.

"No, it's just that sleezy news show, Buzzline wants to take a meeting."

"We're gonna need an agent."

"'We?'"

"Hey, listen, mister, I am the reason you got on TV in the first place. Oh, my god! You know what, we'll do another protest, and this time you can film the entire thing for the TV show!"

I looked at Sarah and she took another chug of the champagne and rolled her eyes.

"No, I'm not interested, I'm sorry."

"What? Why not?"

"Because, working for a show like Buzzline is completely selling out."

"Oh, okay. But it's nice to dream."

"Well, maybe."

"Happy new year! Brendon, give me your camera, I'm always so sick and tired of seeing you do nothing but film!"

She took the camera from me and started filming me and was walking away from me.

"Hi Brenny! Hi-i-i-i!"

"Sarah, come on, give me back my camera, this is not my bar mitzvah! Come on, you're gonna break it! Give it back to me!"

Lynn

The next morning, I was super tired. I wanted to go home, and fall into my bed and sleep for four days, at least. I walked up to the door only to find a padlock. Great, thanks a lot, Jenna! Never have I ever wanted to punch her so much more than now.