Prologue

A/N: Like all other stories, the improvement of the writing is experienced by the reader only in the further chapters :)

Give it a try, at-least till chapter 3...if you still think of it as fast-paced...or cliche...then don't bother reading :)

And as for those of you who do give this story a try, we are nothing without you people! :)

Onto the story....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was a bright and sunny morning!

Pause.

Scratch that.

This was Aurora’s life…and there was nothing bright and sunny about her morning. In fact “A really messed up morning” might just do the job.

As soon as she woke up, her hand pressed the wide rimmed 90’s glasses just enough for them to break. She had to walk to school because her cycle had a flat tyre…and to top it all off…Ms. Fitzpatrick gave her an A MINUS on her History test…And an A minus…is just too much to take!

The only thing that might bring her out of this messed up situation is if her long-time crush and the school’s heartthrob Austin Roux came over and confessed his love to her as she sat below the Ye Old Banyan Tree.

“I love you.” A voice came out of nowhere, snapping Aurora back to reality.

A thousand church bells rang…the angels sang…for it was Austin, no wait THE Austin Roux coming over to her, confessing his love.

Too stunned to speak, too shy to react, too surprised to even find her…a Straight A, no-friend bookworm…in such a type of situation.

“Okay dude! You owe me now!” Austin called over to one of his popular jock friends before Aurora could even respond. A skeleton-ish brunette came up to Austin and smacked her lips right on his.

Oh my poor eyes Aurora thought.

“Okay man! You earned your 100 bucks…pretty brave enough to take on that bet!” The jock friend said to Austin patting him on the back as if he had completed a 1000 miles marathon.

A bet…it was all a bet…stupid stupid Aurora! She scolded herself.

“A…b-bet?” Aurora stuttered. Please say no, please deny she begged internally.

“Yeah a bet…do you really think I would confess my love to you? Austin replied, spitting out the last word as if it was taboo. The three of them laughed and walked away leaving behind an even more stunned Aurora.

The church bells were broken…the angels had fallen…for she was never going to fall for him ever again.

For Austin Roux…no wait…THE Austin Roux…can rot in hell!