Chapter One

3 Years Later...

“So…Mr. Peter ordered for this ring to be delivered when exactly?” Aurora questioned to the lady on the other side of phone.

“The day after tomorrow.” The lady answered.

“Okay, that would be it…thank you!” Aurora thanked the lady and cut the line.

One…two…three…and SCREAM!

Peter and Aurora had this amazing bond of friendship since the 1st year of Harvard. Both were ambitious, both strong and determined and now he was about to propose to her!

No, it wasn’t snooping…it just so happened that Peter left his phone in her dorm and the lady called to confirm the delivery of the ring. A ring that might just blow Aurora’s head off!

It was winter break, the two friends traveled to New York for the New Year’s Eve, and Peter confessed his love for her. Since then they have been stuck and leaning onto each other like drunken lampposts.

There is no denying that it was a perfect match! Both of them were assistants and to-be lawyers, they made each other laugh and they knew what’s right and wrong for each other.

 But most importantly, Peter filled up that space in her and brought her back to life after the incident.

Aurora shook her head as if to get that memory out of her head…after all there wasn’t any use thinking about it.

Just in time Peter walked in and scooped up Aurora into his arms.

She giggled and flipped her hair…god! When had she become so…not her! She thought.

“What’s with the sudden happiness?” Aurora asked Peter, who flashed his perfect white teeth.

“You’ll see in about two days’ time.” He answered and Aurora acted very hard to keep a straight face.

“Can’t wait.” She responded and they both broke apart.

Aurora’s phone vibrated in her pocket and she flipped it open.

Mom: Dear you have to come home; your dad just had a heart attack.

Aurora’s eyes widened and her legs gave up. Peter rushed over and caught her just in time.

“What happened?

“I have to leave…my dad had a heart attack!”

“Do you want me to come with you?”

“No…you have an important session tomorrow…I’ll be back in 2 days.” She said and hugged him tight.

Aurora: Mom, don’t worry…I’ll be there in a few hours.

~*~

After 5 and a half hours long from Massachusetts to California…Aurora finally reached home only to see a very, surprisingly healthy father.

“Dad…you’re alright!” She exclaimed and rushed over to hug her father.

“Of course I am…why wouldn’t I be?” Her dad said and she was taken back.

“B-but M-mom said…”

“I lied” Her mom’s voice came from the kitchen…rather calm.

“What do you mean you lied?” She snapped at her mom.

“Well…you seem to be so engrossed in your studies that this was the only way to get you here!” she replied.

“What is so important that you have to drag me here?”

“Umm…honey, you’ve said before you don’t want to take over your dad’s business firm right?” Her mom asked.

Aurora simply nodded, “So?”

“Well, we did find someone who would, you know take over…”

“And…?”

“But in order to do so…it should be a legal heir.” Her mom ended.

“What do you mean legal?”

“Oh for heaven’s sake get to the point, you’re gonna get married!” Her dad exclaimed

Uh huh. Aurora stood there, dumbfounded.

“Honey…I made cookies,” her mom offered.

“Who?” Aurora finally spoke.

“What?” her parents asked in unison.

“Who is the legal heir?” she explained.

“Oh he is this young chap…pretty boy too, I heard he eve-” Her dad replied smiling.

“Just tell me his name!” Aurora whined.

“Austin roux…” Her dad announced.

Oh Hell No!