Chapter Ten

Aurora looked at her watch and started counting down.

She had exactly 10 seconds before Austin came and gave her one of his “I-Will-Hug-You-Every-Half-Hour” hugs.

3…2…1 here it goes! She thought.

But instead of a cheery faced Austin, the telephone rang…she walked towards the hall to get it but Austin had al-ready picked up the phone.

Aurora slowly tip-toed to eavesdrop on the conversation, which Austin looked pretty serious about. Just as she reached near him he kept the phone down.

“Who was on the phone?” Aurora asked.

“Nobody…” Austin’s voice came out rather high-pitched but he soon covered that up by clearing his throat. “Uhh, nobody!” he said nervously laughing.

“You’re laughing and you’re voice is high-pitched…are you lying Roux?” she asked taking a step towards him which resulted in him taking a step back. Personally loving the feeling that she had that kind of control over him.

“No!” Austin snapped.

“I-just…uhh…do you like dinner?” Austin asked.

Aurora, quite shocked nodded her head.

“Cool then that means you will join my family for dinner tonight!” Austin declared putting both his arms in the air.

“Okay, what time?” Aurora asked. For a moment Austin didn’t answer, because he was very much in shock that she agreed to go with him.

“Umm, so that’s it? You’re actually agreeing?” he asked.

“Will your family accept the fact that their daughter-in-law rejected the first dinner together?” she asked but Austin just kept quiet and shook his head.

Austin was happy that he didn’t have to convince Aurora into coming, but that didn’t ease all of his problems yet. It was a family dinner, that happens on all of the most important occasions and this time it was because of his marriage.

This meant that there would be awkward talks and silence.

And there would be a big family boundary, from his Aunt Petunia, to Frank Shannon.

The day just kept getting better and better!

“So what time do we have to be there?” Aurora asked, snapping Austin back to reality.

“About 8:30…” he answered.

“So, I guess…I could go and get some groceries and stuff, you don’t seem to have any…” she informed him.

“Okay…” he replied.

Aurora nodded and went upstairs to change.

She couldn’t help but notice that were starting to act normal around each other. Whether good or bad, she planned to keep it going in this way.

“Oh and Austin?”

“Yeah…”

“Just keep your car keys and credit card on the coffee table, thanks!” she said smiling and walked away, without hearing another word from Austin’s mouth.

Oh yeah, she was definitely gonna keep it going this way!

 Oranges…oranges…where art thou? Aurora thought in her mind as she strolled through the grocery store.