Chapter Seven

No proof-reading done...not much happening but watch out for the next chapter :)

“Do you understand the fact that no matter how many years it takes…you will be the reason that I won’t be happy?”  Aurora’s voice echoed in his head.

“After-all I was the one who fell down the hole right?” Did this mean she loved him…would she ever do that again?

Austin groaned and rolled to the other side of the bed…last night, it wasn’t that empty…last night, he was happy, carefree…

The fact that so much happened in just 24 hours shocked him. He checked the alarm clock and let out a sigh as it read 3 A.M…he had been turning around and was trying various positions to fall asleep, but failed miserably.

Aurora kept rounding his mind…each time he thought about her words…he sank into a guilty feeling…something that was not going away soon.

He got out of the bed and slowly tip-toed to the living room where Aurora was sound-asleep.

How could she even sleep? He wondered.

But then the answer was right In front of him. Aurora had taken out her pressure and stress and put it on top of Austin, and now he had to carry it until she forgives him.

He bent down and pushed a brown strand of hair out of her face.

“How can you look so innocent?” he murmured quietly to himself, as if answering to his question Aurora shuffled around a little bit and mumbled something which he didn’t quite make out.

Austin found himself staring at her for a long time…and finally when his eyes were threatening to close, he quietly stood up and walked back to the room, to lay on the bed where he occupied himself with sleep.

But before doing so, he made out a plan on how to get the guilty weight off his shoulder.

Aurora woke up to the bright streak of sunlight that was streaming in through the expensively decorated glass windows.

Suddenly, last-night’s events came flashing through her mind, Peter’s girlfriend, the fight with Austin, her out-burst…what she couldn’t figure out was, was she happy that she told Austin everything? Was it a good thing? She groaned as those were the questions she did not know the answers to.

“Stupid, rich, arrogant baboon…” she grumbled as she got up and gathered her belongings, as she hugged the pillow tightly and made her way up the stairs but stopped in her tracks as she saw Austin climbing down.

“Good morning” he said quietly, smiling but not maintaining eye contact.

Because if he did, he would’ve clearly known that Aurora was ogling at him. He was a wearing a sweat pant and a T-shirt that was bit too tight for Aurora’s liking.

Why? ‘Cause she was supposed to be angry at him, it isn’t fair if he will show off to get her forgiveness now could he?

And what if some other women who went jogging started checking out her hubby?

Yes she was angry, but, she was just thinking of the reality!

Possessive? Of course not!

Aurora quickly snapped back to reality, gave a nod and started walking upstairs.

  “Uhh…I’ll be going for jogging, but get ready when I come back…” he informed her and made his way down the stairs.

Why?” she asked, a little bit like snapping at him.