Chapter Twenty

Thanks for the amazing banner! :)

It took every single nerve in Austin’s body to try and reject the fact that he was in love.

It was not practical…Austin Roux cannot be in love. Maybe an infatuation…maybe he likes Aurora now…after all they were married!

Yes, definitely infatuation!

“Whipped my foot!” he muttered angrily and stooped the car against a café’s parking lot, where he was supposed to pick up Aurora.

He spotted her and gave a wave; she smiled back and walked towards the car.

She wore a knee length floral dress, green and brown…the brown of her eyes. Her hair flew wildly around her face, making it unable for Austin to get a glimpse of her face. He watched in amusement as she struggled to keep her hair and dress calm against the wind, and soon was lost in his thoughts.

“Hello!” a voice snapped Austin out of his thoughts and he looked at a confused face of Aurora.

“Yeah…what? Hey!” he replied, composing himself.

“I said, how did the session go?” Aurora said slowly, as if he was retarded.

But still Austin managed to smile and reply.

“It was good.” 

“So what did you talk about?” Aurora asked as Austin drove the car.

He took a look towards his side, Aurora’s eyes that were filled with some sort of curiosity…she looked so innocent…it made him break out into a wide smile.

“Austin!” she snapped impatiently.

Austin once again snapped back into place. He had zoned out…again!

In thoughts of Aurora that too…a little voice reminded him.

And there it was, loud and clear.

“Shit…” he muttered at realization.

~*~

The house felt…empty.

Aurora walked down the stairs and into every single room to look for Austin.

He was nowhere.

Aurora noticed the changes again, she noticed how different he had begun to act, how often he zoned out.

Sometimes, his staring was just…creepy.

A delicious smell hit her nose as she entered the kitchen, and there he was…working busily, yet quietly at the kitchen counter.

Austin quickly turned behind and a smile broke out into his face.