Chapter Two

“Out of all the people on Earth, you found him?” she snapped spitting out the last word just like he did a long while ago.

“Well honey calm down; he’s a very nice fellow…”

“I’m just 21…I still have my last year in college, I can’t go and marry someone all of a sudden!” she reasoned.

“Well…I don’t see you taking over the family business!” her dad remarked.

“Anyone but The Roux's! I mean why them?” she questioned…again!

“They have successful company running for generations just like ours, I’m going to be unable to do all of those works at this age…”

Here it comes…the emotional “I’m too old” blackmail Aurora thought.

“And think about it hon” her mom interjected, “Both of their business together will only benefit us…we’ll earn double and all of us will have our happy endings!”

“Yeah right!” Aurora snorted but her face grew back to serious when both her parents started glaring.

“Aurora Kingsley, you will marry him and you can’t do anything about it!” her mom finalized but her face turned guilty as she knew she was being harsh on her daughter.

“Honey I’m sorry, but can you please do this for us…we just don’t want to lose he family business…it has been going on for generations now!” her mom reasoned. Aurora nodded but didn’t say anything.

She opened her mouth to accept it but closed it back up…if Peter was proposing to her…then Austin wouldn’t stand a chance…sure they would shout in the beginning but eventually accept it later on right?

“Mom…I need some time to think…I’m just gonna go back now, but I’ll be back in 3 days.” She said and took off with her suitcase.

This is gonna be one heck of a journey!

~*~

“Hey you’re back!” Peter exclaimed and his face lit up. Aurora went up to him and hugged him.

“Yeah…my dad’s alright…just a minor one, god I’m so tired with all of that travelling!” She answered and sat down on his bed. Peter nodded, hesitated for a while but sat down beside her anyways.

“Okay, I know I said 2 days but…I can’t wait anymore.” Peter declared and his hands went to his back pocket to bring out a tiny velvet box.

BINGO! Aurora thought…the sooner the better.

Peter opened it and there it was…the big chunk of sparkly diamond. Her eyes widened at the sight of it.

“It’s beautiful.” Aurora said absentmindedly.

“You think so? Now mom is surely gonna like it.” He said and snapped the box shut.

Let’s clear thing up a little bit…

“What?” Aurora asked, obviously disappointed.

“Yeah well, my mom was coming over in two days for a visit so that we could spend the weekend…you know all 3 of us, on her birthday…and she has always had her eyes on these jewellry items, so I figured I might need a woman’s opinion.” Peter explained.

“Uh huh.” Was all she could say.

“But I asked them to send it in by today itself ‘cuz you know the sooner the better and…”

“I’m gonna get married.” Aurora blurted.

For a moment even Peter stood the exact same way as Aurora.

“W-what?”

“My dad wanted a legal heir and all…so I had to be married to this guy for it to be legal, so I’m sorry to say but this thing between us is not going to work out.” She said quite easily without going through the stuttering or any emotions.

“Y-you’re breaking up with me?”

“I guess…yeah.” Why is this so awkward? She thought.

“b-but…t-this thing…i-…”

“I’m sorry, I’ll have to leave by tomorrow…the wedding plans have to be done.” She said getting up from his bed.

“B-but…so soon?” he asked still not recovering from the shock.

“The sooner the better right?”  And with that being said Aurora walked away.

With the tiniest bit of hope lost...she fought back tears to stop her heart from breaking...all over again.

~*~

She stood in front of the mirror, her dark hair was curled up towards the ends and was loosely falling over her shoulders. She was wearing an off shoulder pale yellow summer dress, which her mom picked out because she had to make herself “Presentable”. The Roux family were ought to arrive at any moment and she couldn’t decide whether to shoot them all or just Austin.

As if on cue…the doorbell rang and her mom called her to come downstairs. Obeying her dear mother’s orders she went down the stairs and entered the living room.

There he was…the same Austin who crushed her heart, yet she found herself slightly drooling. The same Austin with dirty blonde hair, slightly spiked in the beginning, the same happy-go-lucky attitude, the same muscular figure.

For a moment Aurora couldn’t decide if she was lucky or unlucky.

“Ah! There she is…Austin you’re one lucky man to have her!” His father said and Austin laughed and stared at Aurora.

Panic moment: Does he remember me? What should I say? Smile…no smile… These and several other questions were running through her head, she was surprised she didn’t faint.

“Ah…why don’t we let them talk to each other personally, Aurora go take Austin to the backyard will you?” Her mother offered. She simply nodded and gestured Austin to follow her.

“Have I seen you before?” Austin asked.

He definitely has no idea, she thought. “I’m surprised you asked, we went to the same high school.” Aurora said rather flatly.

“Oh yeah…you’re that girl who always had her nose in the book.”

“My my haven’t you got great memory!” She replied faking surprise.

“Listen, I know this was all of a sudden, but it was for me too…I know arranged marriages usually don’t work out but I think we’ll do a great job…so, what do you say?” he explained and looked at her hopefully.

“Not interested.”

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------