21. College

Bucky races into the building in a hurry to get out of the pouring rain. He trips on an uneven bit of sidewalk an falls into a puddle. He gets absolutely soaked. He makes it into class and sits at his desk where he drips water onto the floor. He'd been up late doing an English project he was really enjoying.

Steve had warned him not to stay up too late but he ignored him. Though in his defence he hadn't meant to. He'd looked up and seen that it was four in the morning.

He slips in the puddle of water he left and falls on his ass. He gets up shakily and makes his way through the pouring rain back to their apartment.

He gets inside and he's soaking wet. He starts peeling off his wet clothes when Steve comes in with pajamas and a towel. Bucky happily accepts the towel then goes to shower before getting dressed. He emerges to find Steve's made a blanket nest on the couch for him. Bucky smiles and snuggles into the nest. Steve drapes Bucky's favorite rainbow blanket over him and sits beside him.

"Told you not to stay up," Steve whispers against his ear.

"I know. I didn't mean to," Bucky sighs.

"It's all good, but you're definitely going to get sick now," Steve hums, wrapping his arms around Bucky and smiling smugly.

"Why're you happy about that?"

"Because I like being able to take care of you," Steve smiles. Bucky was seven years younger than Steve but they loved each other very much.

Bucky does get sick and Steve takes good care of him.