Chapter Five

You wouldn't think that at 7 in the morning there would be be so many teenagers awake and walking around, considering they don't start serving breakfast till 8 and classes don't start till 9. The only reason I was up this early was because I had to go get my schedule, I was supposed to get it when I first got to the school, but I didn't.

"Why are you up so early?" Someone called from behind me. I turned around and saw Ricardo, shirtless with messy hair.

"I gotta go get my schedule. What about you?" I asked

"I had to pee," he yawned. "Do you know how to get to the office?" He answered.

"Uh, yeah, I think so. Don't you just keep going down this hallway and go through the fancy door on the right?"

"No, those fancy doors are the doors to leave the school."

I squinted my eyes and thought about all the possibilities, "Interesting."

He chuckled and explained how to get to the office. I thanked him and we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.

I retrieved my schedule and returned back to my room to continue sleeping. I was really tired considering, I haven't been up this early in 5 years. I was always late for school but I told the teachers it was part of my religion and I had to go to church in the morning and they believed it for about 7 months . Until the school called my mom and asked if it was true, she told them it wasn't. But that didn't stop me from being late every day, but all my tardies earned my 14 Saturday detentions in one semester.

My eyes fluttered open to see 9:17 stamped onto my digital clock. I rolled over, 5 more minuets. Then it hit me. I sprung out of my warm bed at lightning speed, put my jeans back on and ran out the door with my left shoe in my right hand and my right shoe in my left hand.

Running through the school sock-footed was a struggle. It was similar to skating and I suck at skating. And it didn't help that I had absolutely no idea where I was going.

After 5 minutes of running and searching, I found the class. Fine-a-fuckin'-ly. I knocked on the door and stepped inside.

"Late on your first day Miss. Eleanor Rigby?" The teacher said in a snotty voice as he looked at me over his glasses that were resting on the tip of his nose.

"Yes sir. I'm sorry sir," I said.

"This is not the best first impression Miss. Eleanor."

"Call me Rigby."

"Put on your shoes!" He yelled Not listening to my request. I rolled my eyes and sat down on the ground. "What are you doing?" He asked

"Putting on my shoes, like you told me too," fuck good impressions. "Ya' see sir, these are high tops. It's gonna take me a minute to put them on."

"Go put your shoes on in a seat," he yelled loudly showing that I was on his nerves. Good, just the way I like it.

"Ight," there was a seat open next to Billy. "Is this seat taken?" I asked with a grin.

"No" Billy answered, trying not to smile, and pulled the seat out for me. I sat down and finished putting on my shoes.

I wasn't paying attention to what Mr. Teacher-Man was teaching because I already learned it when I was a freshman, to me it was all review. When Mr. Teacher-Man realized I wasn't paying attention he called on me except he said, 'Eleanor what's the answer to this question?' I wasn't going to answer him because he wasn't calling me by my name.

"Miss. Dean!" (My last name) "I have called your name 4 times and you haven't answered me!"

"No. You called on Eleanor, I don't know who Eleanor is, but, my name's Rigby." He sighed loudly.

"Do you know the answer?" He shouted. I glanced up at the board. The answer was simple.

"m=17." I stated.

"What?" Mr. Teacher-Man asked, i wasn't going to bother learning his name.

"The answer, It's m=17."

"That's correct." He said in a questioning tone.

I nodded and mumbled an, "I know," and the teacher guy went back to doing his own thing and left me alone.

"How'd you do that Rigby?" Billy asked.

"Do what?" I asked

"Answer that so quick." I just shrugged.

The rest of the day was boring and I got homework in every class, which is dumb. I have the same schedule as Billy except for 2 classes, 1 class with Hank, 3 classes with Snuffy and Ricardo, and 3 classes with Joey.

-Three weeks later-

I've been at this school for a three weeks, it's actually been okay, I don't absolutely hate it here. Me and Violet don't fight as much and only one teacher hates me. Joey and I have been talking alot and every time I talk to him or see him I get butterflies in my stomach.

I was in my room doing homework when there was a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I yelled not moving.

"Billy." He yelled back.

"It's open, you can come in." I yelled. He came in holding a text book.

"I need help." He said as he flopped on the bed next to me.

"With what?" I asked

"Calculus."

"Do you wanna know how to do it or do you just want the answers?" He smiled.

"Answers." He said smirking. For the next half hour me and Billy joked around, because it only took me 5 minutes to give him the answers.

There was another knock on the door.

"It's open!" I yelled. Joey walked in.

"Hey Joey," I said.

"What are you guys doing?" He asked.

"I was giving Billy answers to the calculus homework."

"Whatever." He huffed then left the room. I felt like I just gotten the wind knocked outta' me.

"Son of a bitch." I said then got up to go after him.